Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Cookies: soft ‘n yummy banana oatmeal cookies made with simple, healthy ingredients. The easiest gluten free banana oatmeal cookies—packed with banana & chewy oats!
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy homemade peanut butter or store-bought
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes) or eggs of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips or your favorite add-ins
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped or your favorite add-ins
- 2 tablespoons each: allergy-friendly chocolate chips and chopped walnuts or your favorite add-ins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a fork or pastry cutter, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: gluten free oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in your favorite add-ins (I like these allergy-friendly chocolate chips).
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press chocolate chips and walnuts into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until mostly firm. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Banana & Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free banana oatmeal cookies, banana oatmeal cookies