Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, GF): yummy & soft gluten free BANANA oatmeal breakfast cookies. EASY healthy breakfast cookies, packed with chocolate & chewy oats! Dairy-Free.
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy homemade peanut butter or store-bought
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons each: vegan chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add peeled bananas. Using a fork or pastry cutter, mash until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut sugar, coconut oil, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, baking soda and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Optionally, press chocolate chips and walnuts into the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie to desired thickness. They won’t spread much during baking.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until mostly firm. Using a heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Vegan).
More Healthy Gluten Free Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to one week. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 32 servings per recipe, made without optional toppings.
- Category: Breakfast, Cookies, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: banana oatmeal breakfast cookies, gluten free breakfast cookies, healthy breakfast cookies