Healthy Granola Bars (V, GF): this healthy homemade granola bars recipe yields soft ‘n chewy granola bars with a crunch! Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan, Gluten Free.
Happy end of August! Can you believe that it’s just one day until September? I mean, we are seriously right around the corner from pumpkin treats and fall leaves… one of my favorite seasons. 🙂
But until then, I thought I’d squeeze in one more healthy snack to keep you, your kiddos, your significant others, you, and did I mention you?? filled up and energized to do all the things ya need to do.
After all, healthy snacks not only keep us going, but they also allow us to be smug as heck. About winning at life!! NICE. 😉 Now are you ready for one of my family’s favorite easy healthy granola bars ever?
Drumroll: Healthy Granola Bars Recipe!! This is my go-to recipe for curbing those snack attacks, the general crowdpleaser du jour (oh, let me have that), and one healthy homemade granola bar recipe you can feel good about. After all, these healthy granola bars are:
- Refined Sugar Free
- Gluten Free
- Made from Whole Ingredients
Wanna know more about the exact ingredients use to make this healthy granola bars recipe healthy? Check it out below.
Simple Ingredients for Healthy Granola Bars
Gluten Free Rolled Oats
Rolled oats aka old-fashioned oats are one of my favorite heart-healthy ingredients that’s packed with minerals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. I like to incorporate this fiber-rich ingredient in my everyday diet to keep me satisfied and full.
Unsalted Nuts & Dried Fruit
I love using nuts that are free from salt, oil, sugar and other added ingredients. The healthy fats in these nuts keep your energy up and help keep you satisfied. Dried fruits add a burst of natural sweetness and delicious flavor. Try using dried blueberries like this one that are sweetened with fruit juice–you can also use them in my Healthy Homemade Blueberry Granola Bars (Vegan, GF) recipe. 🙂
I packed in a whopping ¼ cup of ground flaxseed to ensure that this healthy granola bars recipe was packed with one of the best superfoods. Flax seeds are packed with B vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and are fiber-rich. This golden ground flaxseed is my absolute favorite–finely ground, soft, with a smooth flavor.
Refined Sugar-Free Sweeteners & Whole Ingredients
To keep these healthy granola bars refined sugar-free and dairy-free, I used coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, coconut oil and natural almond butter. Altogether, these ingredients create a caramel-like mixture that holds the granola bars together and lends a wonderful taste, while still keeping this granola bar recipe’s ingredients list nice and guilt-free.
Healthy Granola Bars: Taste & Texture
Taste – this healthy homemade granola bars recipe is the best sweet & savory flavor experience with roasted nuts, sweet dried fruit and the chewy, crunchy burst of caramely oats. YUM.
Texture – crispy on the outside, deliciously soft and chewy on the inside with a light crunch that make for the best healthy granola bars ever.
For No Bake Granola Bars try: No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
How to Make Healthy Granola Bars
Learning how to make healthy granola bars is super easy. Check out the steps below:
Wet Ingredients – mix together all the wet ingredients: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup.
Dry Ingredients – mix together all the dry ingredients: oats, nuts, dried fruit, and flaxseed.
Combine – combine the wet and dry ingredients together, pour into a prepared baking pan and create an even layer.
Bake – bake for about 25 minutes.
Cool, Slice & Enjoy – cool, slice, then enjoy the best healthy granola bars ever!
Recommended Ingredients for the Best Healthy Granola Bars
- Where to Buy Ingredients:
- Recommended Tools:
Are you excited about making your very own healthy homemade granola bars or what?! 🙂 I truly hope you have as much fun making these granola bars as I did eating them. Heehee! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of my recipe—I truly love hearing from you. Thank you for stopping by and enjoying these kitchen adventures with me and your loved ones. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
The Best Healthy Granola Bars Recipes
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Healthy Homemade Coconut Granola Bars (Paleo, Grain-Free, Vegan)
- Sea Salt Chocolate Paleo Granola Bars Recipe (Vegan, Grain Free, Gluten Free)
- Homemade Paleo Granola Bars Recipe (Grain Free, Gluten Free, Oat Free)
- No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- NEW! Healthy Berry Granola Bars (Vegan, GF)
Healthy Granola Bars (V, GF): this healthy homemade granola bars recipe yields soft ‘n chewy granola bars with a crunch! Refined Sugar-Free, Vegan, Gluten Free & made with wholesome nuts and fruits.
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later. You can also use this Energy Bar Mold to make rectangular granola-bar style bars.
- Add all wet ingredients to a large bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients to the same bowl: oats, nuts, dried fruit, flaxseed, and salt (if using). Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, nudge the mixture until loosely and evenly spread out. Then, use the spatula to press the mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly-packed layer.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Place baking pan onto a cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely firm. After, lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Healthy Berry Granola Bars.
The Best Healthy Granola Bars Recipes
*Make sure to chop nuts and dried fruit finely. The larger the nut/fruit, the less likely the bars will smooth into an even layer, and thus, hold together.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months.
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.