6 delicious ways to make granola bars with one simple base. Chewy and healthy with crispy edges and packed with healthy ingredients—the best granola bar recipes!
The Only Homemade Granola Bar Recipe You Need
For real. Ever wonder how anyone manages to juggle it all? Kids, work, friends, homemade meals, health and fitness? Well, I think the answer is: No one does. And that’s okay. 🙂 But if there’s one way that we can make things better, then we should do it! Hence, today’s super easy, super guilt-free granola bar recipes. They’re so easy to make just the way you like, with 6 ways included… and your imagination for so many more! Ready? Let’s bake granola bars!
Simple Ingredients for Perfect Granola Bars
- Oats and Flaxseed: two hearty ingredients sure to keep you going. I love using fiber-rich oats because they’re heart-healthy and keep you fuller for longer. Also, with a ¼ cup of ground flaxseed, you’re looking at an abundance of heart-healthy fats and nutrients .
- Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit: pick your favorite nuts and dried fruits to create your own custom recipe. Can’t have nuts, but love seeds? No problem. Use chia seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds to create delicious seed-packed healthy granola bars.
- Nut or Seed Butter: grab whatever nut or seed butter you have on hand for this ingredient. Just make sure it’s unsalted and natural to keep the dough for these granola bars the perfect texture.
- Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup and Coconut Oil
How to Make Granola Bars
Learn how to make granola bars that are delicious, healthy and easy to customize! Once you get used to making the base healthy granola bar recipe, you’ll find it super easy to change up the add-ins to create your favorite treat.
I always like to head to the oven, first thing, when starting a baked recipe. Turn on the oven to preheat it to 325°F. Grab a roll of unbleached parchment paper and line an 8-inch square baking pan. Or, use this granola bar pan.
Whisk the Wet
Add all the wet ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until it’s cohesive.
Add in the Dry
Add in the oats, flaxseed and salt (if using) to that same large mixing bowl.
Choose Your Add-ins
Now, choose your favorite add-ins and add them to the bowl.
Grab a rubber spatula, then stir and fold everything together until you get a well-mixed dough. Make sure there are no dry patches, as the wet ingredients coat and “glue” the granola bars together.
Transfer the granola bar dough into the pan you prepared earlier. Smooth and flatten the granola bar mixture into a tightly-packed, even layer.
Bake, Cool, Slice and Enjoy
Bake for about 25 minutes. Then, cool, slice and enjoy!
Looking for more ways to create your very own homemade granola bars? Try one of these combos! Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be creating your own unique flavors.
4. Cherry chocolate chip
For the add-ins:
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
5. Cinnamon pecan
For the add-ins
- 1 ¼ cups pecans, chopped
For the dry ingredients:
- Add in ½ teaspoon to ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
6. Almond Apricot Delight
For the add-ins
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds and/or slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
For the wet ingredients, mix in:
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
Glorious Granola Recipes To Grace Your Golden Breakfast Table (See What I Did There?)
- Low Calorie Granola (Low Carb, Low Sugar, Low Fat): the most popular granola recipe on Beaming Baker! It’s incredibly easy to make, super simple to customize and well-loved by folks who love healthy fare and indulgent fare alike. 😉
- 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Granola (Vegan)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Keto Granola Bars – love granola bars, but can’t enjoy them on your current low carb diet? Try my keto granola bars–with just 1.7g of net carbs per bar, you’ll feel like you can have it all.
- Chunky Granola Recipe
- Gluten Free Granola Bars
- Grain Free Granola Bars Recipe
Tools You Need
Sending you lots of Homemade Love
What is it about homemade… everything that feels so good? Must be some kind of primal coziness thing that makes you feel warm, happy, and fierce all at the same time. Just know that I’m beaming you all the homemade love vibes. ‘Til our next homemade adventure…
Sending you all my love and even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📸 ☀️ 📸Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.