Low Calorie Granola: 5 mins of prep for the best low carb, low sugar, low fat granola! Crispy, crunchy and perfectly sweet. Only 74 calories, 3.6g of sugar and 7g carbs per serving.
- 1 ½ cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut chips (large shredded coconut)
- ½ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour*
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and mixture is well mixed.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the rubber spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer, making sure to keep clusters intact. Create empty pockets at regular intervals to let air through to crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes—until granola clusters are just solid enough to flip. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 25 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Granola Recipes You’ll Love
Brown Rice Crisp Cereal (Gluten Free, Vegan)Buy Now →
Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Gluten Free Brown Rice Crisp Cereal | Dry Roasted Unsalted Almonds | Blanched Almond Flour | Raw Coconut Chips | Pure Maple Syrup
*You may substitute this with unblanched almond meal.
Here’s the VGF brown rice crisp cereal that I use in this recipe.
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Granola, Breakfast, Snacks, Gluten-Free, Low Carb, Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low calorie granola, low fat granola, low carb granola