Wholesome rolled oats, tart cranberries and superfood golden flax seeds come together in a simple and satisfying Granola with Flax Seed and Pumpkin Seeds!
Sunny Granola with Flax Seeds and More…
Crunchy, with a side of sunshine. That’s how I feel about today’s granola recipe. It’s so easy to make, packed with your favorite wholesome ingredients, and puts a smile on your face every time you scoop some up.
I love the tart ‘n sweet cranberries that adorn every oat-y granola cluster, the beautiful golden flax seeds that bring this flax seed granola together, and the delicious crunch that satisfies like no other. Let’s bake this!
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Granola with Flax and Pumpkin Seeds
We’re making simply amazing granola with flax seed and just a few other whole ingredients. You can easily switch out some of the ingredients to create your own unique granola or stick with the exact recipe for a nutritious treat.
- Rolled oats – use gluten free rolled oats if you want to create a gluten free granola.
- Golden flax seeds – I like using golden flax seeds, but you can also use brown flax seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds – pumpkin seeds are a wonderful complement to the earthiness of flax seeds, while tart ‘n sweet cranberries pair so organically with pumpkin seeds. This is the key ingredient to making granola with flax and pumpkin seeds!
- Dried cranberries or other dried fruit – I recommend using dried cranberries in this flaxseed granola recipe because, as mentioned earlier, it goes so well with pumpkin seeds and flax seeds. However, you can totally use raisins, chopped apricots and more.
- Ground cinnamon – feel free to skip the cinnamon or keep it and add in a dash of nutmeg. You really can’t go wrong when adding cinnamon to almost any granola recipe. 😉
- Almond meal or almond flour – make sure not to substitute your almond meal or almond flour with anything else. It’s not easy to substitute, and nearly any other ingredient will result in too-dry granola.
- Salt – if you’re watching your salt intake, go ahead and skip this. If not, rest assured it’s a fairly small amount of salt that adds a delectable flavor boost to your flax seed granola.
- Pure maple syrup – you can try using brown rice syrup or honey, but my preferred sweetener is pure maple syrup. 😉
What are Flax Seeds?
Flax seeds are a popular high-nutrient seed that’s derived from the flax plant. Flax seeds are widely known for their health benefits, from the fact that they’re packed with heart-healthy fats, fiber-rich, and packed with protein.  
How to Make Granola with Flax Seed
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir and fold together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour granola onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread into an even layer with pockets for air to flow through, and piles to create clusters.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip, and bake for another 5-15 minutes.
- Cool, then enjoy the best ever granola with flax and pumpkin seeds!
Why is this the Best Granola Ever?
- Just 5 min prep time.
- Hearty, lightly sweet, nutty and satisfying.
- Medium-sized clusters, great crispy chewiness, good mouthfeel—satisfying amount of chew + crisp.
Tools You Need
You’re just about to make the most fabulous flax seed granola! You’ve finished learning about everything there is to know about flax seeds and this granola. It’s time to head into the kitchen with me. 🙂 Remember to take a pic of your BB creation and post it in Instagram using @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker. I can’t wait to see it! ‘Til our next sweet snack adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🌅 📸 😋
What to Serve with Granola
Never know what to treat yourself to for breakfast? I’ve got you, boo! Try my creamy & dreamy cinnamon overnight oats that can be prepped the night before, the fall season treat of pumpkin spice pancakes, or these highly portable and super filling apple pie breakfast cookies.
Feeling a bit more dessert-y? No prob, Bob! 😉 Whip up this surprisingly easy vegan apple crumble which features zesty, fresh apples and an almost unreal brown sugar crumble topping. 😍 Want a muffin-y apple treat? Make these lovely vegan apple muffins!
If you’re feeling pumpkins more, try my newly-minted pumpkin chocolate chips bars–they are incredible and probably my favorite treat right now. For a sweet-tooth satisfier, make my caramelized bananas and drizzle that gooey homemade caramel goodness atop a mountain of vanilla ice cream, or this super quick & easy vegan rice crispy treats!Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Granola Recipes You’ll Love 💜
- Hemp Granola (V, GF)
- 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Granola (Vegan)
- Healthy Chunky Granola
- Vanilla Almond Granola Recipe
- Low Calorie Granola (Low Carb, Low Sugar, Low Fat)
- Homemade Paleo Granola Bars
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.