Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars: this healthy oatmeal cookie bars recipe is packed with creamy peanut butter, fiber-rich oats and plant-based ingredients. Chewy & delicious cookie bars! Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s finely ground and not coarse*
- 2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (try homemade peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and peanuts, if using.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, spread into an even, tightly-packed layer. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the top of the bars.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes, until golden brown on top. Mine took 20 minutes. Place baking pan on a cooling rack, allowing to cool for 30 minutes. Pinch the edges of parchment/foil and lift bars onto the rack to continue cooling completely (about 1-2 hours). Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Recipes
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Learn How to make Oat Flour | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Oil | Creamy, Natural Peanut Butter | Pure Maple Syrup | Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
- Recommended Tools: Small Cookie Scoop or Medium Cookie Scoop | Baking Sheet | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Mixing Bowls | Cooling Rack | 4-Event Timer
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American