Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies: an easy recipe for vegan trail mix cookies that are delightfully chewy and packed with healthy fruits, nuts and seeds!
I have a dirty little secret. I used to have a recipe called Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Cookies on my site. (I also used to have more of a life.) Heehee! Like, you know, where having an old recipe on my site wasn’t the sordid highlight of my life.
The thing is though, that that trail mix cookie recipe had me torn up for ages! It was what one might call a controversial vegan trail mix cookies recipe. As in, some people loved it and some people hated it. It was easy, it was chewy, it was vegan. But it didn’t quite yield consistent results.
Forgive me. That was years ago on BB, back when I had a small handful of recipes that I didn’t test to death like I do now. Well, I was so torn about that trail mix cookies recipe because readers would literally write emails & love poems to me about how much they loved it. And some other folks would write me SOS notes about how their cookies didn’t turn out right.
So, I made the decision to take that trail mix cookie recipe down until I could test it much more thoroughly and bring back my findings.
But then a year passed. And then another. And then another (I think…).
And I decided to scrap the whole thing and create a whole new vegan trail mix cookie recipe. One that was easy. One that was chewy. And one that was consistently good. Every time.
By now, I’m older, wiser, and way less foolish about what recipes I choose to share, and how much I test them (let’s just say A LOT). This is the Beaming Baker you know and rely on. So, if you’re ready, I’m ready to share my delicious, beloved Easy Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies recipe with you!
How to Make Trail Mix Cookies
Before starting, make sure to preheat your oven to 350°F. That way, it’s ready to go when your cookie dough is ready. 😉 Grab a baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
Mix the Dry Ingredients
Add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Then, stir everything together until well mixed.
Whisk the Wet Ingredients
Now, add all of the wet ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and whisk together until well mixed.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients, then scrape the wet ingredient bowl dry so you don’t miss a drop. Use a spatula to combine wet and dry together until a tasty dough. Now, fold in your add-in ingredients.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of trail mix cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Dot with optional topping, then flatten with a fork. Make sure to squish together any loose bits for a cohesive cookie.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake for about 13 minutes, then cool and enjoy the best vegan trail mix cookies!
🍪 Healthy Cookie Recipes For You: Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies • Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe • 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Tips for the Best Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
- Make sure to chop up your add-ins.
Add-ins are the best part of any cookie, IMO. But the worst part? The crumbliness. You can avoid that altogether by making sure your add-ins are chopped well—the biggest culprits are nuts and dried fruit. Chop thoroughly and bake the best trail mix cookies!
- Use your favorite nuts, seeds and chips.
Check out my guide below on how to customize your trail mix cookies. You can use your favorite nuts, seeds, nut butter and more!
- Squish the edges of your cookies together after flattening.
These trail mix cookies are deliciously packed with add-ins, but that means they’re a bit crumbly once flattened. Using your fingers, make sure to squish the dough back together! Once baked, your cookies will be deliciously chewy and hold together. 🙂
How to Customize Your Trail Mix Cookies
- Sub the Almond Butter: try using peanut butter, cashew butter or even pecan butter in these cookies. Try sunflower seeds butter or even homemade cashew butter.
- Sub the Vegan Chocolate Chips: use any kind of chocolate chips you’d like. Here are some of my faves: paleo | keto | allergy-friendly.
- Sub the Cranberries: you can use any dried fruit you like, just make sure to chopped the dried fruit into smaller pieces, as large ones will cause the cookies to become crumbly.
- Sub the Pumpkin Seeds: pumpkin seeds can be swapped for any type of seed that you’d like! I like using sunflower seeds on occasion. 😉
- Sub the Nuts: as long as your nuts are chopped, go ahead and use your favorite nuts (walnuts, almonds and pecans are a personal favorite). You can also sub these nuts for more seeds.
Chewy trail mix cookies that are easy to make, just so happen to be vegan, and made with healthy, whole ingredients.
Recommended Tools for the Best Chewy Trail Mix Cookies
- Medium Cookie Scoop: One of the most valuable tools in my vegan cookie making arsenal. It’s super easy to use, and allows me to create uniform cookie shapes in a fraction of the time it would take to scoop cookie dough manually. So useful!
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: I always line my baking sheets with this because it keeps the cookies from sticking, gives them wonderfully crispy bottoms, and makes it sooo easy to clean up afterwards. 😉
- My Favorite Prep Bowls: Okay, I seriously use these bowls all the time, in every recipe I make. Once you see how stress-free and easy it is to bake cookies when all your ingredients are pre-measured before you actually start mixing, you’ll never bake vegan cookies differently again. These bowls are the perfect size–not too small, not too big. Love ’em!
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Golden Flaxseed | Walnuts | Almonds | Pumpkin Seeds | Dried Cranberries | Pure Vanilla Extract
Are you ready to get your bake on? Let’s do this! I’ll grab the ground flaxseed, you grab your favorite add-ins! I seriously can’t wait to hear what you think of my vegan trail mix cookies recipe. Thankful that you’re here, sharing in these baking adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Tasty Cookie Recipes To Tempt You
- Simple Vegan Oatmeal Cookies – simple ‘n easy. Is there any better way? Delight in these warm ‘n cozy vegan cookies with deliciously chewy edges.
- Healthy Vegan No Bake Cookies – these nutrient-rich cookies come together in minutes & are perfect for on-the-go snacking.
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Coconut Cookies – just 4 ingredients and so easy to make. One of my fave chewy vegan cookies!
- Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF)
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.