Easy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies Recipe (V, GF): learn how to make chewy vegan trail mix cookies packed with healthy fruits, nuts & seeds! The perfect homemade snack to bring with you on-the-go. Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
I have a dirty little secret. I used to have a recipe called Dark Chocolate Trail Mix Cookies on my site. And I used to have more of a life. Hehe! Like, you know, where having an old recipe on my site wasn’t the sordid highlight of my life.
The thing is though, that that trail mix cookie recipe had me torn up for ages! It was what one might call a controversial vegan trail mix cookies recipe. As in, some people loved it and some people hated it. It was easy, it was chewy, it was vegan. But it didn’t quite yield consistent results.
Forgive me. That was years ago on BB, back when I had a small handful of recipes that I didn’t test to death like I do now. Well, I was so torn about that trail mix cookies recipe because readers would literally write emails & love poems to me about how much they loved it. And some other folks would write me SOS notes about how their cookies didn’t turn out right.
Vegan Trail Mix Cookies Recipe Woes.
So, I made the decision to take that trail mix cookie recipe down until I could test it much more thoroughly and bring back my findings.
But then a year passed. And then another. And then another (I think…).
And I decided to scrap the whole thing and create a whole new vegan trail mix cookie recipe. One that was easy. One that was chewy. And one that was consistently good. Every time.
By now, I’m older, wiser, and way less foolish about what recipes I choose to share, and how much I test them (let’s just say A LOT). This is the Beaming Baker you know and rely on. So, if you’re ready, I’m ready to share my delicious, beloved Easy Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies recipe with you!
Vegan Trail Mix Cookies with… Chocolate Chips!
Rest assured, these vegan trail mix cookies are the best. They’re chewy & moist on the inside, with crispy edges on the outside. These easy vegan trail mix cookies are packed with delicious & satisfying nuts, chewy rolled oats, and nutrient-rich seeds! They’re also bursting with rich vegan chocolate chips and healthy flaxseed.
If you’re looking for more irresistible vegan cookies packed with chocolate chips, I highly recommend these best paleo vegan double chocolate chip cookies and my favorite vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Customizing Your Easy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
The best part? Making these easy vegan trail mix cookies your own is super easy!
Add-ins: feel free to swap the vegan chocolate chips, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and nuts with your favorite add-ins. Just make sure to chop up all dried fruits except the kind that are naturally small, like raisins. Try sunflower seeds, almonds, coconut flakes, and more. Just keep the amount the same and your vegan trail mix cookies will turn out fabulous.
Recommended Tools for the Best Chewy Trail Mix Cookies
- Medium Cookie Scoop: One of the most valuable tools in my vegan cookie making arsenal. It’s super easy to use, and allows me to create uniform cookie shapes in a fraction of the time it would take to scoop cookie dough manually. So useful!
- Unbleached Parchment Paper: I always line my baking sheets with this because it keeps the cookies from sticking, gives them wonderfully crispy bottoms, and makes it sooo easy to clean up afterwards. 😉
- My Favorite Prep Bowls: Okay, I seriously use these bowls all the time, in every recipe I make. Once you see how stress-free and easy it is to bake cookies when all your ingredients are pre-measured before you actually start mixing, you’ll never bake vegan cookies differently again. These bowls are the perfect size–not too small, not too big. Love ’em!
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Golden Flaxseed | Walnuts | Almonds | Pumpkin Seeds | Dried Cranberries | Pure Vanilla Extract
Are you ready to get your bake on? Let’s do this! I’ll grab the ground flaxseed, you grab your favorite add-ins! I seriously can’t wait to hear what you think of my vegan trail mix cookies recipe. Thankful that you’re here, sharing in these kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
More Easy Vegan Cookies
- Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies (GF)
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF, Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Coconut Flour
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies – 4 Ways! (VEGAN)
Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies: an easy recipe for vegan trail mix cookies that are delightfully chewy and packed with healthy fruits, nuts and seeds!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a sturdy spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in Add-in ingredients.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with Optional Toppings. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. If cookies crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Tasty Cookie Recipes To Tempt You
Storing Instructions: Store cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for up to 1-2 months. I like using these compostable freezer bags to store my cookies.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: trail mix cookies, vegan trail mix cookies recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.