The perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Red-hot sriracha and warm, sweet honey combine for the best honey sriracha Brussels sprouts!
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey – here’s a vegan honey if needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons sriracha, or to taste – depending on heat level preference
- 1 teaspoon less sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon melted butter
- 5 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or cooking oil of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- A pinch of pepper, or to taste
- A generous drizzle of sriracha to taste
- A generous drizzle of honey to taste
Make the Honey Sriracha Sauce
- In a small bowl, add honey, sriracha, soy sauce, and melted butter. Make sure the spice/heat level is to your liking. Using a small whisk or fork, whisk until very well incorporated.
Bake the Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly grease.
- Wash brussels sprouts and pat dry with a towel. Trim off the ends, then slice each Brussels sprout in half. Quarter brussels sprouts if needed to create uniform sizes.
- Add Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 ½ tablespoons oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Toss Brussels sprouts thoroughly, until well coated.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to the prepared baking sheet, spreading into an even layer. Remove any stray Brussels sprouts leaves as they’ll burn if baked for the entire duration of the cook time. You’ll add these back in later.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then, stir and flip so everything is evenly baked.
- Bake for an additional 12-16 minutes, being careful not to burn. (I did 14 minutes.)
Finish the Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- For the honey sriracha coating: if the melted butter hardened into little chips in your coating, feel free to heat the mixture (make sure you’re using a microwave-safe bowl) in the microwave in 5-second increments just until the chips are gone. Mine took 10 seconds total. Whisk again and set aside.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Stir and flip Brussels sprouts. Add in loose leaves from earlier.
- Using a pastry brush, brush Brussels sprouts with the honey sriracha coating. Stir to coat every Brussels sprout.
- Return to oven and bake for 4-7 more minutes. Mine took 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy! Generously drizzle honey and sriracha. Enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for 1-3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat before serving.
How to make Vegan: Use vegan honey or maple syrup.
How to make Gluten Free: Keep recipe as is.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 19 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American