A truly hot and dirty martini! A spicy martini dirtied up with salty olive juice—the salty & spicy kick you’ve been looking for!
A Truly Hot and Dirty Martini
Looking for something truly hot and dirty to spice up cocktail hour? Try today’s deliciously dirty, spicy martini recipe! It’s spicy. It’s salty. It’s delicious. It’s more of an appetizer than just a drink. So yummy and gets you going with a spicy kick in the tastebuds! If you’re feeling adventurous, try this peppery,
Today’s Cocktail Ingredients for the Hot and Dirty Martini Recipe with Vodka
What does it truly take to make a for-realsies hot and dirty martini? I’m glad you asked. All you need are 3 ingredients to make this hot ‘n dirty martini recipe, with one optional ingredient—olives for garnish.
- Hot sauce: choose your favorite hot sauce, whether it be cayenne or jalapeno sauce. I personally like using Tapatio—it’s fiery and tasty, without being too hot.
- Vodka or gin: I used vodka for this one, but feel free to use gin if that’s more your preference.
- Olive juice: all you need is the juice from a jar of olives. I keep the “dirty” portion of this dirty spicy martini from being too, too high because I wanted to make sure the spice factor really comes through.
- Olives: some folks choose to use cheese-stuffed olives, some skip the olives altogether. I use queen olives with pimentos in the center. Then, I top the olives off with another splash of hot sauce because I like my hot and dirty martini hella spicy! 😉
How to Make a Hot and Dirty Martini
Learn how to make a hot and dirty martini with less than a handful of ingredients and in less minutes than that! Follow the simple steps below:
Grab your favorite cocktail shaker from a cocktail set like this and fill it with ice. Add the hot sauce, vodka and olive juice to the shaker.
Shake and shake until your cocktail shaker gets nice and cold.
Strain the mixture into a martini glass. If using a large martini glass like I did, a double recipe will fill that glass. If using the smaller, classic-sized martini glasses, one recipe will fill one glass. Now, grab your favorite skewers and skewer 3 olives and drop that into the glass gently. Or, you can lay it artfully across the rim. Fancy! Enjoy. 🙂
Creative Twists: Try this Hot and Dirty Martini with Jalapeño or Pepperoncini… or Both!
If you’re not a fan of traditional, spicy red hot sauce, try mixing this hot and dirty martini recipe up with green jalapeño hot sauce and even garnishing it with jalapeños (for the spicy lovers!).
If you’re craving an extra spicy, zesty kick, try replacing the olive juice with pepperoncini juice. You can even do a mix of both—just make sure you love the taste of them before diving in!
Dialing the Hot & Dirty Factor Way Up or Down to Just The Right Amount
Feel free to play around with the amount of each dirty martini ingredient I’ve listed in the recipe. I did 4 big splashes for a truly spicy hot and dirty martini. You can start with just 1 or 2 small splashes, just in case your spice tolerance isn’t too high. You can add more after mixing, if you’d like.
If you feel like a classic dirty cocktail, try my Dirty Martini.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Gimlet Cocktail Recipe
- Toasted Almond Drink Recipe
- Chocolate Espresso Martini
- Dirty Martini
- Chocolate Peppermint Martini
- Moscow Mule with Whiskey
- Virgin Mojito Mocktail
- Chocolate Raspberry Martini
- Irish Mule Recipe
- Classic Martini
- Gibson Cocktail Recipe
Tools You Need
- Dragon Glassware Martini Glasses
- Gold Cocktail Shaker Set
- Large Martini Glasses
- Stainless Steel Skewers
A Dirty, Spicy Martini Recipe Worth Sharing
Whaddya think? Are you feeling zesty? 😉 I was pleasantly surprised (and woken up) by the bold flavor of today’s hot and dirty martini recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do! If you make this dirty, spicy martini, snap a pic and share it on Instagram and tag it #beamingbaker. Or, comment below and let me know how it turned out for you! Looking forward to our next shaken, not stirred (wait a minute…) adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.