Truly a dessert-worthy drink! Skip your usual dessert and have the toasted almond drink recipe instead. So easy to make, ready to sip in minutes.
Sweet Almond Flavor with a Hint of Coffee for the Best Toasted Almond Recipe
Today’s roasted toasted almond drink recipe doesn’t require roasting or even toasting of any almonds. But it does require a pure enjoyment of toasted almond delight! 😉 Okay, it doesn’t require anything at all. But it would be wonderful if you could grab your favorite amaretto liqueur, the tastiest coffee liqueur you have on hand, and a cream or milk of your choice so we can make the best toasted almond recipe! Ready? Let’s shake this!
Everything You Need To Make this Toasted Almond Recipe
All you need are 3 simple ingredients to make this toasted almond drink recipe. It comes together in just minutes and tastes just like sweet, roasted toasted almonds, if it were in dessert cocktail form.
- Amaretto liqueur
- Coffee liqueur – pick your favorite coffee liqueur as this is more than 1/3 of the recipe. The flavor will be very prominent in your drink.
- Milk or cream of choice – I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk and my toasted almond drink was still plenty sweet and decadent. You can even use oat milk creamer or any kind of milk or cream of your choice for a more decadent treat.
- Toasted slivered almonds – optional, but a fun garnish to take your toasted almond to the next level. 😉
What is a Toasted Almond Drink?
A Toasted Almond Drink is a cocktail made with two types of liqueur and cream or milk. Once shaken, the amaretto liqueur, coffee liqueur and milk/cream create a flavored dessert cocktail that tastes like sweet, toasted almonds. Hence, the name, Toasted Almond Drink.
Nope, you don’t need to toast almonds, and you don’t even need to roast almonds to make this drink. 😉
What is amaretto?
Amaretto is an Italian liqueur that tastes sweet and is mainly used in dessert cocktails, like today’s Toasted Almond. Amaretto originates from Saronno, which is located in Lombardy, Italy. With it’s sweet flavor, it’s not hard to see why it can be made from almonds, peaches and even apricots. Amaretto liqueur is often used in coffee drinks, as the almond flavor deliciously complements the coffee notes. Here, in this dessert cocktail, you’ll find that the amaretto mixes with coffee liqueur to create a pleasantly toasted almond flavor–thus, the name, Toasted Almond.
How to Make this Toasted Almond Drink Recipe
This Toasted Almond recipe is one of my absolute favorites because it’s so incredibly simple and easy to put together. Nary have you just pulled out your cocktail shaker set that you realize your toasted almond drink is ready! It comes together that fast.
Set out glasses
Set out one or two old fashioned glasses. One if you’d like a nice big cocktail for yourself, two if you’re going slower.
Fill your favorite shaker with ice. Here’s the shaker set that I use.
Pour amaretto liqueur, coffee liqueur and milk into the shaker.
Cover and shake until frosty cold. The shaker will be so cold that you can hardly hold it—that’s when you know it’s ready.
Fill with ice
Fill your old fashioned glass(es) with ice.
Pour, Sip and Enjoy
Strain the cocktail mixture over the ice. Sip and enjoy the best roasted toasted almond drink recipe!
- Use cream for a richer and, well, creamier cocktail. The Toasted Almond you see in my photos is made with unsweetened almond milk, which is why it doesn’t look super creamy. However, if you’re looking for a creamier, more indulgent dessert cocktail, use heavy cream.
- … and milk for a lighter cocktail. Because I wanted a lighter treat, I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Sometimes I get a tummy ache if I mix too many heavy ingredients with my alcohol–so I opted for milk instead. You can absolutely use whatever milk or cream you have on hand, as long as it’s a kind that you like. 😉
- Shake the cocktail thoroughly. Some folks end up skipping the cocktail shaker completely, and just adding the ingredients to a glass and stirring. Hey, if that’s all the time you have, and you’re super exhausted, you do you. But for a thoroughly mixed and truly delicious toasted almond drink, break out the cocktail shaker, fill it with ice and shake until it’s thoroughly chilled.
- Chill it thoroughly. How do you tell when a cocktail is completely chilled and well mixed, anyway? Two tips: 1) use a stainless steel shaker. You’ll see condensation on the outside when your cocktail is done. 2) If the shaker is almost too cold to hold, that’s when it’s done.
- Use your favorite coffee liqueur. There are so many on the market, with each one tasting uniquely different. Some coffee liqueurs have 20% ABV, while others have 35%. Try a few out and see which one suits you best!
More Cocktail Recipes To Tease & Delight You
- Chocolate Peppermint Martini
- Moscow Mule with Whiskey
- Chocolate Espresso Martini
- Hot and Dirty Martini
- Virgin Mojito Mocktail
- Hot White Russian Recipe
- Dirty Martini
Tools You Need
Titillating Toasted Almond Drink Recipe
Creamy, coffee, almond, toasted, delight. All words I’d use to describe today’s super easy-to-make almond cocktail. Would you care to join? I can’t wait to hear what you think! Leave a comment below or tag me at #beamingbaker on Instagram if you make today’s recipe. I can’t wait! ‘Til our next cocktail adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Truly a dessert-worthy drink! Skip dessert and have the toasted almond drink recipe instead. So easy to make, ready to sip in minutes.
- 1 ½ ounces amaretto liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce cream or milk of choice – I like using almond milk
- Set out one or two old fashioned glasses.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the amaretto liqueur, coffee liqueur and milk over the ice to create your Toasted Almond Drink.
- Shake until frosty.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour the toasted almond drink mixture over the ice. Sip and enjoy.
You can also make toasted slivered almonds and serve as a garnish, or as a snack on the side of this drink.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: toasted almond drink recipe, toasted almond recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tasty Cocktail Recipes to Tantalize 😮
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.