Chewy, soft centers, lightly crisp edges, and bursting with coconut flavor, these keto coconut macaroons are the best low carb macaroons!
For Classic Keto Coconut Macaroons
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened small coconut shreds or flakes – do not use large coconut flakes*
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons solid or slightly softened coconut oil
- ¼ cup keto honey
For Keto Lemon Macaroons:
- Add to the Classic macaroon dough:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon zest
- After cooling, whisk this glaze in a small bowl and drizzle over lemon macaroons:
- 1–3 tablespoons keto confectioners’ sugar, until you get the desired thickness
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
For Double Chocolate Keto Macaroons:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add small coconut shreds and coconut flour to the food processor. Give the bin a shake to create a smooth, even layer. Make sure to use small coconut shreds, as large ones will result in flat, spread out cookies.
- Add solid coconut oil and keto honey to the food processor.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed. The keto honey is very thick and sticky, so you’ll need to use a bit of arm muscle to scrape it off the walls of the food processor.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop firmly-packed balls of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart. Cookies will inflate and enlarge just a bit as they bake.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Mine took 14 mins for large ones.
- Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack and allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes, until firm. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely, about 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
*You must use small coconut flakes for this recipe. The coconut flakes should be the size of sprinkles, or about half a grain of rice. Large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread out cookies (not like the round macaroons you see in the pictures). Here’s the small, shredded coconut that I use.
**Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe. Using melted coconut oil will result in smaller macaroons.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature.
Freezing Instructions: If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying
Additional Notes: You can easily double the batch to make more cookies! For smaller cookies using a small cookie scoop, bake for 11-13 mins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto macaroons, keto coconut macaroons, low carb coconut macaroons