Deep chocolate flavor and bright, fresh mint perfectly balance together for the best mint chocolate chip overnight oats recipe! Think Andes chocolate candy in overnight oats form!
Dessert for Breakfast: Mint Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats, ftw!
Ever tried to eat a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream for breakfast? Oh. Just me? Well, when I was a wee one, my parents adamantly thought that the cure to being sick was three-fold: 1) rest, 2) mint chocolate chip ice cream, 3) cherry 7up. To this day, I’d say it maybe-probably-could-you-never-know really work. But just in case you need something a little more widely-accepted as a “proper breakfast,” but still wanna sneak in that dessert without anyone knowing, here’s my favorite mint chocolate chip overnight oats recipe! Ready to stick it to da man? Um, I mean, make a sorta-breakfast-but-really-a-dessert? Let’s make this!
Simple Ingredients for Delicious Overnight Oatmeal
- raw cacao powder
- mini chocolate chips
- organic peppermint extract
- rolled oats
- chia seeds
- coconut cream or yogurt
- maple syrup
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
These mint chocolate chip overnight oats are so dang easy to make, you might be tempted to make a triple batch a few days ahead of Christmas morning, or perhaps Kwanzaa morning for a fresh and sweet breakfast treat!
Grab 2-3 overnight oatmeal jars and set them aside.
Whisk everything together until no coconut cream or yogurt clumps remain and it’s all well-mixed. You’ve just made your mint chocolate chip overnight oats mixture!
Pour overnight oatmeal mixture into the jars you set out earlier.
Seal and store overnight in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Day of, you can layer or top with fresh fruit, seeds or other toppings. Enjoy!
More Overnight Oats Recipes To Enjoy Tomorrow Morning
- Vegan Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Overnight Oats: 7 Ways
- Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- Maple Pecan Overnight Oats
- Overnight Oats with Coconut Cream
- Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Gluten Free Overnight Oats (Dairy Free, No Milk)
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Matcha Overnight Oats
Tools You Need
A Fresh & Decadent Breakfast Idea
Okay, but at least once in your life, you have to have mint chocolate chip ice cream for breakfast. It’s fresh, it’s chocolatey, and it’s oh-so-treat-yourself-worthy. Doesn’t it feel so good to do something just a little wild? 😉 I can’t wait to hear what you think of today’s overnight oats recipe. ‘Til our next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Deep chocolate flavor and bright, fresh mint perfectly balance together for the best mint chocolate chip overnight oats recipe! Think Andes chocolate candy in overnight oats form.
Mint Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon organic peppermint extract
- 4–8 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1–2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Mint leaves
- Fresh fruit
- Coconut whip
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed and no clumps of coconut cream or yogurt remain. Pour into jars.
- Seal jars.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.* Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add non-dairy milk to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
*Overnight oats can keep for 3-5 days, depending on the freshness of your ingredients, and whether or not you use homemade milk. Homemade milk can reduce the storing life of your overnight oatmeal to a maximum of 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mint chocolate chip overnight oats
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.