the best chocolate chip overnight oats recipe comes together in minutes!
Rich ‘n creamy overnight oats packed with delectable chocolate chips and satisfying, filling oats.
Chocolate chips and dessert-level creamy flavor? For breakfast? Heck YES. Today, we’re making the creamiest chocolate chip overnight oats, packed with the just-right sweet creaminess to get you through the day and a whole ‘lotta chocolate chips!
To make chocolate chip overnight oats, all you need are a handful (okaaaaay, two handfuls) of simple ingredients, about 5-10 minutes, and super cute mini jars!
Wanna learn how easy it is to make the best chocolate chip overnight oats ever? Let’s make this!
What are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are a super easy breakfast idea that’s made overnight, as the name so sweetly implies. 😉 To make overnight oats, you’d whisk together a few simple ingredients, including oats and chia seeds (to name a few). Then, you’d place said overnight oatmeal mixture into jars on the fridge, overnight, then, poof!, you have a filling treat ready for breakfast the next day!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Vegan Overnight Oats
Get the Jars
Set aside two to three of these super cute mini jars.
Add all Ingredients
Add all overnight oat ingredients to a mixing bowl: rolled oats, chia seeds, non-dairy milk, coconut cream, vegan chocolate chips, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir until well-mixed.
Fill jars with your overnight oat mixture.
Seal the jars and store overnight for up to 5 days. Enjoy the best vegan overnight oats the next day (or a few hours later, if you so please).
How to Store Your Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
Store overnight for up to 5 days. If you’re using homemade almondmilk or any kind of homemade milk, the overnight oats will only store for 2-3 days.
How Do I Serve My Overnight Oats?
You might be wondering, “Do I eat my chocolate chip overnight oats hot or cold??” “What do I dooooo?” I’m here to tell you, “Have your overnight oats. Any. Way. You. Like!”
So, hot or cold overnight oats? It’s completely up to you.
For hot overnight oats: simply place your finished overnight oats (meaning, they’ve already thickened in the fridge overnight) in the microwave. Heat in 10-second increments until warm. Make sure to stir in between.
Since today’s overnight oats have chocolate chips in them, this means that the heating process will melt said chocolate chips. That could be a tasty thing or a totally disastrous thing… it’s up to you, my dear. 🙂
For cold overnight oats: proceed with the chocolate chip overnight oats recipe as normal. Whisk, stir, soak overnight oats… overnight. Then, pop open a jar of overnight oats and have at it! 😉
>>RELATED: Maple Pecan Overnight Oats
The best chocolate chip overnight oats: rich & creamy overnight oats dotted with delicious vegan chocolate chips!
Great Tools for the Best Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- Mini Overnight Oat Jars – my #1 jars to make overnight oats in, and the very jars you see in these photos. Yes, they are even cuter in person. Yes, they’re compact, but hold so much more than they seem to. Highly recommend these!
- Coconut Cream – my key ingredient in making super delicious overnight oats. I’ve tried every yogurt under the sun to make these overnight oats, and, simply put, nothing compares to using coconut cream instead. Creamy, rich and oh-so satisfying, coconut cream adds healthy fats, richness and flavor to your overnight oats.
- Chia Seeds – you can’t make overnight oats without chia seeds! Okay, you can do whatever you dang well please, but you know what I mean. Chia seeds are the superfood that pump these overnight oats up with nutrients, and they lend the creamy, thick texture you love in your overnight oats. Bonus: they keep you full longer!
- Where to Buy Ingredients & Tools – Mini Overnight Oat Jars | Coconut Cream | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Chia Seeds | Pure Maple Syrup | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Stevia-Sweetened Mini Chocolate Chips
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy Overnight Oats Recipes
- NEW! Simple & Easy Vegan Vanilla Overnight Oats
- 🍫 Chocolate Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan)
- 🍓 Strawberry Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan, Healthy)
- 🥜 Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🎃 Healthy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🥥 The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats Recipe
- ❼ 7 Ways: Easy Vegan Overnight Oats (Healthy)
- 🥜 Easy Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats Recipe
- 💟 Easy Classic Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🍫 Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🥧 Pecan Pie Vegan Overnight Oats Recipe
- 🍌 Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Didn’t I promise it’d be easy? 🙂 Drop me a comment and let me know what you think! It’s truly the best hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by! I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.