mint chocolate protein shake: an easy, 6 ingredient recipe for a refreshing high-protein shake! plant-based, 23g grams of protein per serving. vegan, dairy-free.
Mint + Chocolate = one of the best flavor combos ever. Agree or disagree? If you agree, continue reading. If you don’t agree, you know where the door is. Just kidding!!
If you disagree, tell me more. I’d love to hear about what turned you off of this combo. And, more importantly, how I might be able to sway you to the mint side. 😉
Growing up, mint chocolate was one of my very favorite flavor combos. I mean, chocolate is fire and all of that, but when you add mint in… that freshness, that brightness, it does something to chocolate. Makes it cooling? Refreshes your ability to keep eating said chocolate? Or perhaps, it’s just a match made in heaven. That you can eat. Duuuuude.
Whatever the case may be, you’re here because you love mint chocolate (or I made my case earlier on and you’re hearing me out, phew!!), and you’re coming in hot (except cold because: shake!!) for today’s mint chocolate protein shake recipe.
Are you ready for all the high protein goodness coming your way? Let’s do this!
How Many Grams of Protein in this Mint Chocolate Protein Shake?
This high protein chocolate shake is, in fact, packed with a bunch of plant-based protein! Depending on the vegan protein powder you use, the grams of protein in this shake will vary. I used this plant based protein powder. Based off adding two scoops of that protein powder to this mint chocolate protein shake, this shake boasts 23 grams of protein!
How to Make a (Mint) Chocolate Protein Shake
Learning how to make a chocolate protein shake is super easy!
- Add all protein shake ingredients to a personal blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve. That’s it!
- Optional step: make 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan) to enjoy on the side. 😉
What to Add to Your Chocolate Protein Shake
There are plenty of ingredients you can add to your mint chocolate protein shake. (You can even leave out the mint if that’s not your thing.) Here are some of my favorite add-ins:
- For Veggies: ¼ cup to ½ cup frozen spinach
- For ENERGY: ¼ teaspoon gelatinized maca powder
- For Protein Boost: 2 tablespoons peanut powder
- For Healthy Fats & Extra Creaminess: 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or nut butter, or 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- For Fun: 1 tablespoon paleo chocolate chunks
Looking for a mint coffee boost? Try my Vegan Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino. 🙂
Can I Store This Protein Shake?
Alas, I wouldn’t recommend storing this protein shake. All of that minty fresh goodness actually requires fresh prep–darnit! You know how finnicky protein powder is… so when that’s all blended up with milk, fruit, veggies, etc., it gets pretty hard to store. I recommend making this shake right before you serve it. Enjoy!
Recommended Tools for the Best Mint Chocolate Protein Shake
- Personal Blender: I’ve tried all kinds of personal blenders, from the kind that are super cheap, suspiciously lightweight (okay, it broke after just a few go’s), and the fancy, super-expensive/made-from-gold kind. Guess what? This one’s my favorite! It holds *just* the right amount of ingredients, is super easy to use, and auto-blends while you walk away and do something else. How cool is that?
- Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder: If you’ve been with me since the Great Big Best Vegan Protein Powder Ranking Odyssey, then you know we BEEN thru all the plant-based protein powders and more. This brand makes the most edible, pleasing-taste vegan protein powder. This is the protein powder I used to develop today’s mint chocolate protein shake recipe. 🙂
- Organic Peppermint Extract: My favorite peppermint extract, with a fresh, true mint flavor. Love, love, love!
So, final conclusion: mint chocolate is: __ Super Good or __ Friggin’ Amazing. Try this mint chocolate protein shake and let me know your results! Thank you for stopping by & sharing in these kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Chocolate Protein Shake Recipes & More
- Strawberry Vegan Protein Shake Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Protein Shake
- Vegan Protein Shake Recipe (Dairy-Free)
- Coconut Chocolate Keto Smoothie (Low Carb, Vegan)
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake Recipe
- Peanut Butter Protein Shake – 4 ingredients!
- Chocolate Banana Vegan Protein Shake Recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.