Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake Recipe (V, GF): all you need are 5 minutes & 3 ingredients to make the EASIEST & best vegan protein shake recipe—delicious, healthy & protein-rich! 22g of protein per serving.
My favorite vegan protein shake recipe ever! Check out my daily vegan protein shake: Sugar Free, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free. 22g of protein, 5g Net Carbs.
What’s your favorite vegan protein powder? Have you truly, madly, deeply been able to find a legit vegan protein powder that tastes good? Or, just edible? Be real.
I’m only asking because: it’s tough out there. Protein powders in general aren’t that tasty to begin with (Understatement of the Century), and when they go vegan, things get even fishier. Not sure why I had to bring fish into this.
Moving on, when I started working on my Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake recipe, I ordered all the vegan protein powders out there. (Hint/spoiler alert: I may have an in-depth review coming soon.) Update: here’s the post! –> Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED. Let’s just say, things got rough as heck.
Like, have you ever seen that episode of Goosebumps where that one monster turns out to be in the green goo that’s bubbling in the stockpot? Yep, that pretty much covers the consistency/probably-the-taste-judging-by-the-goo/etc of it. And, I mean, I’ve been drinking vegan protein powder for years!
I just thought things would get better. With technology and the like. But, alas, that’s not how they all go. But, rest assured, I’ve got the tastiest vegan protein powder for you (and no, this isn’t sponsored one bit!).
As such, we can all take a collective deep breath and ENJOY my latest gym-ready creation:
My Favorite Homemade Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake Recipe
This homemade vegan protein shake is my favorite because I just keep coming back to it. It’s my go-to vegan protein shake recipe. I’ve made it hundreds of times, I’ve tested my favorite personal blender’s endurance and lifetime capacity in it hundreds of times, and I’ve leaned on it so many times to get me through a long day. Just one vegan protein shake and you’ve got 22g of plant-based protein in!
Erik: fan of this vegan protein shake. My mom: fan of this vegan protein shake. You: soon-to-be #1 fan of this vegan protein shake. I mean, you totally deserve a title for being here and being legit, ya know? 🙂 And if you’re like, but where’s my peanut butter fix? Then allow me to point you in this tasty direction: Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie. Yum!
Only 3 Ingredients for this Easy Vegan Protein Shake Recipe!
Best of all, this easy vegan protein shake recipe is actually EASY! And it’s made with just 3 ingredients:
- Ingredient 1: Unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- Ingredient 2: Chocolate vegan protein powder
- Ingredient 3: Ice cubes
- Optional ingredient: MCT oil
The cool thing about this vegan protein shake recipe is that it’s so customizable. In the recipe, I’ve listed multiple ways in which you can customize with your favorite fruits, veggies, and even add in boosters like added protein, energy and healthy fats. For my favorite everyday vegan protein shake recipe with exact amounts of what I use, I highly recommend using the recipe in this post: Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED.
How About Vegan Protein Shake Recipes Without Protein Powder?
If you came here expecting a vegan protein shake recipe without protein powder, then you will leave happy anyway! (Totally not how you thought that sentence would go, amiright?) Here are my favorite vegan protein shakes without protein powder:
- Triple Berry Smoothie (Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Paleo, Dairy-Free, Healthy)
- Paleo Blueberry Banana Chia Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
- Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Mango Chia Seed Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Peanut Butter Protein Shake – 4 ingredients!
Tools for the Best Vegan Protein Shake Recipe!
- Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder: this brand is my go-to chocolate vegan protein powder. My favorite thing to do is use 1 scoop of the chocolate flavor and 1 scoop of the vanilla vegan protein powder. Such a good combo! When I need to switch thing up (because protein powder can get tedious, folks!), I go to my second favorite vegan protein powder.
- My Favorite Personal Blender: Ever since I invested in this personal blender four months ago, it’s been the only blender I use to make my daily vegan protein shake. Get this–you can set it and forget it. As in: load up the blender with all of your shake ingredients, press the button and walk away. The blender is timed to perfectly blend, then stop, then blend until you get the smoothest smoothie. How cool is that?
- Extra Blender Cups: Let’s be real here, you always need extra blender cups. Like, we don’t all have time to do the dishes 3x a day, so these come in handy when I just need to make a quick vegan protein shake and the other blender cups are still dirty!
- Blender Bottle: For a quick vegan protein shake, shake together 1 cup of non-dairy milk, 1-2 scoops of your favorite vegan protein powder and, optionally, 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract. So good! I keep blender bottles on hand so I can easily get my vegan protein shake in for the day. No fuss, no muss.
- MCT Oil: One of my essential boosters in my daily vegan protein shake. It’s called MCT oil as shorthand for medium chain triglycerides. MCTs are known to improve brain function, energy levels and keep you full for longer.
It’s totally time for all the jump squats and burpees, right? Okay, scratch the burpees and just gimme all the vegan protein shakes!! 😉 I can’t wait to hear what you think of my chocolate vegan protein shake recipe. Just know, I’m grateful that you’re here, sharing in these kitchen moments with me and your loved ones. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
For My Everyday Vegan Protein Shake with exact amounts of my favorite customizations, check out the recipe in this post (plus, I review 15 of the highest rated vegan protein powders available): Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED.Print
Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake Recipe (V, GF): all you need are 5 minutes & 3 ingredients to make the EASIEST & best vegan protein shake recipe—delicious, healthy & protein-rich! 22g of protein per serving. Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb.
Chocolate Vegan Protein Shake
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (more below)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate vegan protein powder (or two scoops of the vegan protein powder that I use)*
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- For ENERGY: ¼ teaspoon gelatinized maca powder
- For Fruit: swap 1/2 cup ice cubes with 1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen fruit
- For Veggies: ¼ cup to ½ cup frozen spinach
- For Protein Boost: 2 tablespoons peanut powder
- For Healthy Fats: 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or other nut butter, or MCT oil
- For Fun: 1 tablespoon paleo chocolate chunks
- This is the blender I use to make my smoothies. It’s easy to use, holds the perfect amount, and can be left to keep blending while I walk away (it runs by itself). Not sponsored, I just love this!
- Add all ingredients in the order listed: 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, vegan protein powder, MCT oil, ice cubes and ½ cup milk. This is the order that I’ve found to be smoothest, without any protein powder getting stuck in a clump anywhere.
- Depending on your daily nutritional requirements/needs, feel free to add maca powder, peanut powder, nut butter or MCT oil.
- Close blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Enjoy immediately!
- If you don’t know what vegan protein powder to use… here’s my review + guide to vegan protein powders: Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED.
More Protein-Packed Snacks:
- Where To Buy Ingredients: chocolate vegan protein powder or vanilla vegan protein powder | MCT oil | Gelatinized Maca Powder | Peanut Powder | Paleo Chocolate | Raw Cacao Powder | To sweeten (Low Carb): stevia drops or monkfruit drops
- Recommended Tools: My Favorite Blender | Extra Blender Cups | for a quick shaker smoothie: Blender Bottle
- *Most vegan protein powders will work with this amount in your protein shake. However, some are more highly concentrated & can create thicker shakes than desired. Try the recommended 1 serving listed on your protein powder and adjust as needed.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients I’ve listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 1 serving per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- What’s my favorite vegan protein powder? Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder: this brand is my go-to chocolate vegan protein powder. My favorite thing to do is use 1 scoop of the chocolate flavor and 1 scoop of the vanilla vegan protein powder. Such a good combo! When I need to switch thing up (because protein powder can get tedious, folks!), I go to my second favorite vegan protein powder.
- Top 15 Vegan Protein Powder Review: Best Vegan Protein Powder RANKED.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 protein shake
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 11g, Net Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.