Coconut Chocolate Keto Smoothie: this keto protein smoothie recipe is delicious, easy to make & Low Carb! Just 5 ingredients and only 3 Net Carbs. Dairy-Free, Vegan, Clean Ingredients.
Are you totally loving the chocolate vibes I’ve been sharing lately? A little while ago, I shared my favorite 2 Ingredient EASY Keto Fudge Recipe and now here we are, perfectly balancing our dessert out with a gym-inspired treat: a delicious protein-rich keto smoothie!
Tell me you’ve been looking high and low for a yummy vegan protein smoothie that’ll keep you on track for the rest of the year? If so, let’s do it!
Whenever I’m in the mood for something sweet, but oh-so healthy and gym-worthy, I always reach for something with chocolate and coconut. Or chocolate and peanut butter. Or or, chocolate and mint. The key being that chocolate’s got to be involved. Or else.
So today, I’m sharing my super easy coconut chocolate keto protein smoothie—just in case you feel the same way I do. 😉
Coconut Chocolate Keto Protein Smoothie (Low Carb)
Are you a fan of coconut + chocolate together? Since I was a little kid, my mom instilled in me a deep, deep love for chocolate and coconut. She was and still is the biggest fan of the Mounds combo aka chocolate and coconut. And if you can throw in a few almonds to bring the Almond Joy love all the way home? Well, my mom would be your biggest fan ever. See: one of her favorite breakfast treats: The Best Almond Joy Overnight Oats Recipe.
To bring together all of my coconut chocolate lovers, I thought we’d make this high protein keto smoothie. It’s packed with 12 grams of protein, made from plant-based ingredients and Low Carb! But, like how does it taste? Glad you asked!
The Taste: Protein Keto Smoothie with Coconut & Chocolate!
By now, you’ve already met my go-to everyday vegan protein shake in my Best Vegan Protein Powder Review. It’s similarly high protein, and super easy to customize with fruits, veggies and other boosters. This keto protein smoothie, however, sticks to a simpler flavor palette—coconut and chocolate. Plus, it’s low carb and not as high in protein for keto-friendly reasons! 😉
The taste: frosty, cool, creamy and chocolatey. This keto protein smoothie recipe packs two kinds of coconut: coconut cream and MCT oil for improved brain function and energy. All of that coconut goodness is beautifully balanced with rich chocolate flavor. Just 3 Net Carbs and 12 grams of protein.
Simple Ingredients for Coconut Chocolate Keto Smoothie Recipe
- MCT Oil
- Unsweetened, Non-Dairy Milk
- Coconut Cream
- Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder
- Ice cubes
- Keto Chocolate Chips – an optional, but super fun addition to this keto smoothie!
- Liquid Stevia – another optional, but highly recommended ingredient in this recipe. 🙂
#1 Tip for the Perfect Creamy Keto Smoothie
Make sure to melt your coconut cream! It’s a super critical step for a deliciously smooth keto smoothie. If you don’t melt the coconut cream, it’ll become hardened coconut chips in your smoothie—and that’s neither pretty nor appetizing. Also, it’ll meddle with the overall coconut flavor of your smoothie.
Here’s how I melt my coconut cream: scoop 3 tablespoons coconut cream into a small, microwaveable bowl. Heat in 10 second increments in the microwave until completely melted and liquified. Yes, it’ll be warm! And no, it won’t make your keto smoothie anything less than frosty. 😉
Best Tools for this Keto Protein Smoothie
- Coconut Cream – a key ingredient in this keto smoothie, but also a key ingredient in so many keto recipes. Adds creaminess, is low carb and high in good fats.
- MCT Oil – I’ve been adding a tablespoon or two of MCT oil to my vegan protein smoothies for about 2 years now and it’s been amazing. MCT oil is derived from coconut oil and can lead to improved brain function, staying full longer and more awesome benefits.
- My Favorite Personal Blender – have you ever tried a personal blender? It’s a blender that’s made for personal use, aka, to make one, maybe two servings. After a decade of making all the smoothies under the sun with super high end blenders to the cheapest, flimsiest blenders, this one is my absolute favorite. It blends like a champ, comes with two different sized machine-washable cups, and can be left alone to blend while I complete other tasks. Love it.
- Keto Chocolate Chips– my very favorite low carb chocolate chips. They’re creamy, rich and chocolatey, with no “weird” taste to them whatsoever. I like adding a few teaspoons of keto chocolate chips to my keto smoothies from time to time for a special treat. 😉
- Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder – the search for the best plant based protein powder is over! Seriously. Erik and I tried 15 of the top-selling, best rated vegan protein powders available online and this one prevailed as our favorite. Check out our Best Vegan Protein Powder reviews for more info.
What do you think of the first ever keto protein smoothie recipe on Beaming Baker? I’m so excited to hear what you think! Be sure to let me know what other keto smoothie recipes you’d like to see. 🙂 As always, it’s a true joy sharing in these kitchen adventures with you and your loved ones. Can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
More Low Carb Keto Recipes (Vegan)
- 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Keto Fat Bomb Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Keto Energy Balls Recipe (Low Carb, Vegan)
- Chocolate Almond Butter Keto Fat Bombs Recipe (Easy, Low Carb, Vegan)
- 3 Ingredient Low Carb Peppermint Chocolate Fudge (Keto, Vegan)
Coconut Chocolate Keto Smoothie: this keto protein smoothie recipe is delicious, easy to make & Low Carb! Just 5 ingredients for 12 grams of protein and only 3 net carbs.
Chocolate Coconut Keto Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk*
- ¾ cup ice cubes
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder (here’s the one that I use)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 3–8 drops liquid stevia (optional, but recommended)
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- This is the blender I use to make my smoothies. It’s easy to use, holds the perfect amount, and can be left to keep blending while I walk away (it runs by itself).
- Add all ingredients into a blender: milk, ice cubes, chocolate vegan protein powder, MCT oil, vanilla, stevia and coconut cream. To melt the coconut cream: measure & scoop into a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until completely melted and warmed. If you skip this step, the coconut cream may become hardened coconut chips in the smoothie.
- Close blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Optionally, top with toasted coconut chips or keto chocolate chips. Enjoy immediately!
Don’t know which protein powder to use? Here’s my review + guide to vegan protein powders.
More Keto Recipes:
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Cream | Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder | Raw Coconut Chips | MCT Oil | Liquid Stevia | Pure Vanilla Extract
- *I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 1 smoothie per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Recommended Tools: My Favorite Blender | Extra Blender Cups
- Category: Smoothie, Healthy Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 6g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.