My Favorite Gluten Free Brownies Recipe From Scratch (GF): the best gluten free brownie recipe yields a firmer brownie that’s rich & dense, packed with melty chocolate chips! Dairy-Free.
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse) or this gluten free all purpose flour*
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. I highly recommend using oat flour; however, if you cannot, use this brand of gluten free all purpose flour—it has the closest final result to GF oat flour.*
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients, until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 17-23 minutes. Mine took 20 minutes.
- Place pan onto a cooling rack. Allow brownies to cool for about 30 minutes in pan, until firm. Pinch the edges of the parchment paper, lifting brownies out of the pan. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool until completely cool, about 1-2 hours. Slice and enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Gluten Free Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
- Fudgier Brownies: Gluten Free Vegan Brownies
- Paleo Brownies: Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies Recipe
- Fudgy Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Recipe (GF)
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Raw Cacao Powder | my recommended Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (others will not yield the best results) | Learn How to Make Homemade Oat Flour | Golden Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Oil | Pure Maple Syrup | Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Chocolate
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour before measuring to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy brownies.
- *Gluten Free All Purpose Flour – again, I highly recommend using gluten free oat flour in this recipe. However, if you must use GF AP flour, use this one. I tested many, many gluten free all purpose flours and some of them were downright terrible. This one had the closest texture & taste to GF oat flour. However, keep in mind that there was a subtle graininess & dissolving sensation once chewing the brownies. If you’re used to GF flours, you’ll know what I mean and might not even be bothered by this.
- To soften brownies Day 2: Once cooled, brownies will firm up a bit. To enjoy as if fresh-baked, heat for 10-seconds in the microwave. Brownies will soften up & become more moist.
- Storing Instructions: store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Keep out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
- Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw for 15-30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying, or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until slightly softened.
- Recommended Tools: Brownie Slicing Tool for PERFECT Cuts | 8-inch Square Baking Pan | Chef’s Knife | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Glass Mixing Bowls | Grippy Mixing Bowls | 4 Event Timer
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American