No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for sweetly tart cherry chocolate chip energy bites packed with whole ingredient, energy-boosting YUM! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Rich.
Alright, who’s a fan of chia seeds? Come on, don’t be shy, raise your hand. 🙂
Am I only hearing crickets or is that because I live near a mini forest of trees? Wait, do crickets even dwell in forest-y trees? Alright, before I shoot off on a tangent it’ll take me weeks to get back from, let’s focus: chia seeds.
Yay or nay?
Honestly, for me, for a long time, it was a “nay.” Then it was an… “okay.” Then “okay” became, “sure, why not??” Funny, because I’m always telling my mom that “sure” means “meh,” not “Yay!!! Woohoo!!!” like she thinks it does. One time, I told her that instead of “sure,” she could say “Oh yeah!” to tell me she’s excited about something. Now, whenever I ask her if she likes something, she chants, “Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!!!!”
Ah, my mom… there’s no one quite like your mom, right? 🙂
Anywho, based on that little tidbit, you might sense that I was just “meh” about the chia seeds (you thought I lost track of my thoughts again, didn’t you?? Oh, I found my way back eventually). 😉 You’d be correct! I mean, they look a bit odd, right?
I just told Erik this and he said, “Well, they kinda look like dinosaur eggs.” Squeeeeee!
I whipped my head around, like, the entire room, and returned back to position (with my body, too, because I’m not magic), and had to shake myself from that statement.
DUDE. They totally look like dinosaur eggs!!! How cute is that???
So from here on out, I’m gonna just think “dinosaur eggs” when I see chia seeds. Cute and cute!
Alright, so how’d I come around the bend on these chia seeds? THESE. BITES. Yeah, I said it. THESE No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites.
So you know how you’re always hearing that you should be eating like several tablespoons of chia seeds per day? And then you go looking for a recipe with chia seeds in it because you’re obviously not just gonna scoop up a big batch and throw them in your mouth (and if you do, you’ve GOT to tell me what that’s like!). Then, you find out that the entire recipe only has 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in it. And, it makes like 500 servings. Then, then, you’re like, I have to eat 500 servings to get my daily recommended amount??
Well, guess what? You’re not gonna have to eat like 500 of these No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites to get in your chia seeds! I made sure to pack in the most chia seeds I could pack in without: a) breaking your wallet, 2) making these bites gross, 3) making them look funny—because pretty bites totally taste better. 😉
Wait a minute, did I just go from listing alphabetically to numerically? ???? End of week brain. That is all.
This recipe includes ¼ cup of chia seeds! Can I get an: “Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!!!!” 🙂 It’s soooooo tasty, so chocolatey, chewy, sweet, crispy (go chia seeds), and mouthwateringly nutritious. Can you tell I’m mondo excited about these?
Just in case you’re still on the dinosaur egg chia seed fence, let me tell you all about them. My No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites are:
- super easy to make, in just one bowl
- scrumptiously protein-packed
- soft, chewy and satisfying
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- sweetly tart, bursting with cherry flavor
- wonderfully packed with ¼ cup of chia seeds
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- perfect for your healthy snack repertoire
- so good on the go
- totally worthy of “Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!!!!”
So are you ready to change your mind about chia seeds/you already love them and that’s why you’re here, so I’m totally late to the party, but hey, at least I arrived eventually? 🙂 Let’s get our no-bake on! I’m super excited to be whipping up all the delicious, guilt-free treats with you! I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. In the meantime, tell me:
What’s an ingredient you initially disliked, but have now come to enjoy?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
- ½ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter (mine is very liquidy)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients: cherries, chocolate chips, oats, coconut and chia seeds.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup. Using a sturdy spatula, stir and fold together until well incorporated.
- Scoop 1 to 2 tablespoons of mixture into your hands. Roll and press into bites. Optionally, press cherries and chocolate chips into bites. Enjoy!
- Adapted from my No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free) and my No Bake Cranberry Coconut Energy Bites (V, GF, DF).
- More No Bake recipes (all V, GF, DF): No Bake Almond Joy Bites, No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you love these No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Chia Energy Bites, you’ll really enjoy these recipes:
☀ No Bake Energy Bite Recipes
No Bake Gluten Free Almond Joy Energy Bites (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain)
No Bake Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Packed)
No Bake Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Energy Bites (Protein-Packed, Vegan, Gluten Free, Healthy)
No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Chocolate Chip Energy Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
☀ More Gluten Free Vegan No Bake Recipes
3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars (V, GF, DF)
No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (V, GF, DF)