No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Bars (V, GF, DF): an easy recipe for decadent peanut butter cookie dough bars topped with a thick layer of chocolate and bursting with oats. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Oat Flour, Plant-Based.
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup assorted vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in the Add-in Ingredients.
- Pour cookie dough into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Topping ingredients. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the cookie dough bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites and my No Bake Paleo Chocolate Pecan Bars.
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Okay to store at room temperature after the first day of refrigeration.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes if you like them soft. I found them firm, but tasty, straight out of the freezer.
– More No Bake recipes (all V, GF, DF): 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
– More Peanut Butter Love desserts (all V, GF, DF): no bake double chocolate peanut butter energy bites, peanut butter oatmeal cookies, peanut butter banana ice cream smoothie.
- Category: No Bake, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free