Crispy, chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars that are secretly healthy with mouthwatering texture from chewy oats and melty chocolate morsels. The best healthy oatmeal cookie bars!
- ½ cup oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ flax egg (1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 1 ½ tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes) – remember to make just 1/2 a flax egg! 😉
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips (try vegan chocolate chips or stevia-sweetened sugar free chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir and fold with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, spread into an even, tightly-packed layer. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the top of the bars.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes, until golden brown on top. Mine took 28 minutes.
- Place baking pan on a cooling rack, allowing to cool for 30 minutes. Pinch the edges of parchment/foil and lift bars onto the rack to continue cooling completely (about 1-2 hours). Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container. Keep for 1-3 months in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal cookie bars, oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars healthy