Almond Joy Vegan Paleo Ice Cream Recipe (Refined Sugar-Free): this easy, no churn ice cream is bursting with coconut, chocolate and Almond JOY flavors! Gluten free, Dairy free, Healthy.
- Add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add coconut, almonds and chocolate chips, blending until just incorporated (2-4 pulses). Alternately, you can melt the chocolate to achieve delicate chocolate flakes in your ice cream. To melt chocolate, follow instructions in Notes.**
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want firm and scoopable ice cream: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container, such as this reusable ice cream tub or these portion control ice cream containers.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe.
Dairy-Free Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
- *You can use canned coconut cream, or you do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream.
- ** To create delicate chocolate flakes: Add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments, until smooth. Scrape melted chocolate into the food processor. Pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Before serving, allow to thaw for about 5-15 minutes. Scoop and enjoy!
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 9 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/9th of container
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Almond joy ice cream recipe, vegan paleo ice cream, vegan sugar free ice cream recipe, gluten free dairy free ice cream