Sea Salt Chocolate Paleo Granola Bars Recipe (GF): this grain free granola bars recipe is easy & delicious! The BEST salty & sweet gluten free granola bars—super nutty, drizzled with chocolate & topped with sea salt. Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan.
- 1 cup nuts, chopped*
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, raw coconut chips
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegan dark chocolate chips or chopped paleo chocolate
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Set aside this granola bar pan atop a medium baking sheet (for stability in the oven.) Or, line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. I prefer using the granola bar pan, as it creates a firmer bar with deliciously crispy edges & a chewy, crisp exterior. Set aside for later.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl: nuts, coconut, seeds, flaxseed, and cinnamon & salt if using. Stir until well mixed.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium bowl: coconut sugar, coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until very well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared granola bar pan or baking pan. For the granola bar pan: scoop about 3 tablespoons of mixture into each crevice. Use a small, narrow spoon to press the mixture down into an evenly, very tightly-packed layer. For the square pan: using the spatula, press mixture firmly down into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. Place pan onto a cooling rack to cool for 50-60 minutes, or until completely firm. For the granola bar pan: remove bars from pan and transfer directly onto a cooling rack; for the square pan: lift bars and parchment paper onto the cooling rack. Allow to finish cooling for 1-2 hours. Slice into 12-18 bars (for square pan only).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to set at room temperature before storing. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Healthy Paleo Grain Free Recipes
- *I used: 1/3 cup almonds, 1/3 cup pecans, 1/3 cup walnuts
- Special Tools: Granola Bar Pan
- Special Ingredients: Paleo Chocolate | Unsweetened Coconut Chips | Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Sugar | Pumpkin Seeds | Almond Butter
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months at room temperature.
- These unsweetened coconut chips are my preferred coconut to use in this recipe.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 18 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Healthy Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade paleo granola bars recipe, grain free granola bars recipe, gluten free, vegan, dairy free