Vegan Peanut Butter Cups: just 5 ingredients for delicious vegan chocolate peanut butter cups! Easy to make, whole ingredients.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for the muffin pan.
- Make the Peanut Butter Filling: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes—this allows the peanut butter filling to chill and harden for easier molding.
- Remove bowl from the freezer. Scoop 2 teaspoons of peanut butter filling into your hands and press into a flat disc. Repeat until you’ve made 12 peanut butter discs.
- Make the Chocolate Coating: Use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate, or do the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments until smooth.
- Make the peanut butter cups: Drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Lightly tap the pan to smooth chocolate into an even layer, filling the bottom of the cup. Gently lay a peanut butter disc flat on top of the melted chocolate layer. Repeat until each cup has a peanut butter disc.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate over each peanut butter disc. Gently spread until you get an even top. If desired, create a swirl on the top of each cup.
- Place muffin pan into freezer. Freeze for 15-20 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer. Peel off cupcake liners. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes. Enjoy!
More Vegan Peanut Butter Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Be sure to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Candy, Dessert
- Method: Melt
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cups