3 Ingredient Homemade Crunch Bars (GF, V, DF): a quick and easy gluten free vegan recipe for deliciously crispy homemade crunch bars. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free.
What’s your favorite candy bar? For some people, it’s peanut butter cups, for others it’s Snickers… Almond Joy, or maybe even fruit & nut bars (which I totally want to make and share on the blog soon-ish!).
For other people—make that super awesome people—it’s crunch bars! 🙂
That sounded a little too biased, didn’t it? Darn it… Y’all know that I have a soft spot for all the candy bars in my heart. And I’ve definitely made it one of my missions to remake these bars into healthified versions. 3 Ingredient Homemade Crunch Bars is one of my latest candy creations!
If you’re new around these parts, here’s a teeny tiny directory of what I’m talking about. Let’s call it the Beaming Baker Candy Directory. Oooh…. Sounds all official and delicious, doesn’t it?? And of course, everything’s vegan and gluten free! 🙂
- Paleo Almond Joy
- Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 Ingredient Peppermint Crunch Bars
- Almond Butter Fudge Cups (Paleo)
- Chocolate Coconut Truffles (Paleo)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Almond Butter Cups
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
And there’s more where that came from… by now I hope you’re drooling over one of my true loves: homemade candy! I seriously do not know where this even came from.
It all started with me just wanting to see if I could make peanut butter cups at home without it looking… unfortunate. And maybe before that, I made some cookie dough bites and thought it’d be kind of seriously amazing to roll them in chocolate. Oh, truffles… why are you so glorious all the time?
When my mom saw those treats, she immediately demanded I make her a healthified version of Almond Joy. Okay, she didn’t demand it… she just gently suggested it. Like, 5 million times. 😉 By that time, a few more chocolate dessert cups were in the works… and my mom was ready to print out business cards for my candy shop.
Btw, my mom really loves business cards. I cannot begin to say why. But on that note, I really should make her some funny business cards… just for a few laughs.
Anyway, by the time Christmas rolled around, I realized that I hadn’t created a crunch bar recipe. Gasp!!! And since I was adding peppermint to anything and everything (don’t even ask about the peppermint curry and peppermint candy-shaped hand soap I made…) Actually, the hand soap was pretty cute. It involved making two different batches of soap cups: one red and one clear. Then, I’d slice them all up like mini pies and reshape them with alternate slices to make a peppermint candy pattern and…
Wait, what was I saying?
Right! Candy shop business card-level candy shop in my house. So it was the holidays and I thought, why not add peppermint to crunch bars??
As usual, something that seemed totally normal and par for the course in my mind ended up being kind of unexpected and unusual to others. <– That’s what I get for being so “interesting.” 😉
The great news is that everyone LOVED the recipe: 4 Ingredient Peppermint Crunch Bars. I got so many emails, instagrams, notes, tweets and all the other social things I don’t even know the name of, telling me how much everyone enjoyed them.
But then, Christmas was over. Boooooooo… And I had to put the ol’ guy away. Double boooooo…
Then I realized, “Duh, Demeter… make a normal, non-quirky, non-peppermint-y, all-seasons version so you can spread the word far and wide all year!!! Oh, and stop talking to yourself! It’s weird. Also, pick up more apples at the grocery store this weekend.”
I duly noted all pieces of sage advice. Then updated my shopping list. And did not tell myself thanks. Ahem.
So here we are! Are you as excited as I am? Do you feel a teeny tiny bit backwards that I shared the peppermint version first, then this version?
Either way, I’m super excited to tell you all about these! My 3 Ingredient Homemade Crunch Bars are:
- made with just 3 ingredients
- super easy to make
- delightfully crunchy, deliciously chocolatey
- vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- gonna totally get you pumped about making candy at home!
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- perfect for dessert and every other part of your day
- going straight into the Beaming Baker Candy Directory, if only I could print business cards out for it…
So grab three easy ingredients, a candy-striped apron just for fun, and get ready for some amazing homemade candy fun. You ready? Let’s do this! Before you go, tell me…
What candy would you love to see me make next on Beaming Baker?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside at room temperature. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or do the following: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add cereal later). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Add cereal to melted chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the mixture.
- Transfer this pan into the freezer. Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes. Slice into 18 rectangular bars (3 rows by 6 columns). Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Storing notes: store in an airtight container for 1 week (at room temperature), 1-2 weeks (in the refrigerator), up to 1 month (in the freezer). Best if stored in the refrigerator.
- If storing in the freezer, allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- More homemade candy recipes: Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, Chocolate Coconut Truffles, Almond Butter Fudge Cups (Paleo), Paleo Almond Joy.
- More crispy, crunchy recipes: Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats, Toasted Coconut Rice Crispy Treats.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
☀︎ More Candy & Chocolate Recipes
4 Ingredient Peppermint Crunch Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
Paleo Almond Joy (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
☀︎Even more candy recipes…
Chocolate Coconut Truffles (Paleo, V, GF, DF)
2 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)
Almond Butter Cups (Paleo, V, GF, DF)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free)