Vegan Coconut Macaroons: irresistibly chewy Vegan Coconut Macaroons with crisp edges and sweet coconut flavor. Just 4 ingredients! Paleo, Healthy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use–you must use small coconut flakes in this recipe, about the size of sprinkles–see the recipe video for visuals. Using large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will increase a bit in size.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Mine took 15 mins for large ones. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Looking for Coconut Macaroons made with coconut flour? Try this Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Dairy-Free, Egg-Free).
Vegan Coconut Recipes You’ll Love:
*You must use small coconut flakes for this recipe. The coconut flakes should be the size of sprinkles, or about half a grain of rice. Large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread out cookies. Here are the gluten-free small coconut flakes that I use (pictures included).
**Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe. Using melted coconut oil will result in smaller macaroons.
How to use Coconut Flour instead of Almond Flour: try this Gluten Free Coconut Macaroons Recipe (Dairy-Free, Egg-Free) instead.
Storing Notes: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition Info is an estimate calculated based on 15 total macaroons (halfway between the medium and large macaroons).
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: vegan coconut macaroons, paleo coconut macaroons, healthy coconut macaroons