5 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs (V, GF): a 5-ingredient, no bake recipe for decadent chocolate peanut butter eggs that taste like Reese’s. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Peanut Butter Eggs
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
Chocolate Drizzle Decoration
- 1–2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this sheet. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the peanut butter eggs: In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour. Whisk as long as you can. When the mixture gets harder to stir, use a rubber spatula to fold until well incorporated and thickened. Cover bowl and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop peanut butter balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Roll balls in your hand just until shiny and smooth. Drop onto the sheet. Using your fingers, mold each ball into the shape of an egg. Use a rubber spatula to flatten eggs to desired thickness—keep the eggs thick enough to dip in chocolate later.
- Transfer back to the freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes, until hardened. About 5 minutes before the eggs are done freezing, it’s time to make the chocolate dip.
- Make the chocolate dip: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Dip ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove peanut butter eggs from freezer. Dip the bottom of one egg into the bowl of melted chocolate, scraping off excess. Place back onto the prepared baking sheet. Reshape as needed–the eggs will be a bit soft. Repeat until all eggs are dipped. There should be leftover melted chocolate.
- Make the drizzle: Add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to your leftover bowl of melted chocolate. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim off a tiny corner. Pipe chocolate in any pattern across the top of each egg.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– Adapted from my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars and my Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles.
– Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
– Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
– Homemade Candy: Coconut Chocolate Truffles, Peppermint Crunch Bars, Paleo Almond Joy, Paleo Almond Butter Cups.
– Peanut Butter Love recipes: no bake chocolate pb bars, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, peanut butter ice cream smoothie.
– Nutritional Info calculated based on 21 servings, with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips for drizzling.
- Category: Candy, No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 5
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Protein: 3