Big Sesame Tahini Cookies (Paleo, Vegan): this buttery-rich gluten free tahini cookies recipe is perfectly nutty, with a crispy exterior and soft interior. It’s the best healthy sesame tahini cookies (biscuits) recipe — healthy, made with tahini butter!
Sesame Tahini Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted tahini
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
Sesame Seed Coating
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except sesame seeds. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour sesame seeds into a shallow bowl. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and roll cookie dough into balls. Drop balls into the bowl of sesame seeds. Roll and press until dough balls are fully coated in seeds.
- Place cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet, spaced evenly apart, with enough room to spread quite a bit—these cookies are big. Using the palm of your hand or a spoon, gently flatten cookies to desired thickness. If desired, press together any large cracks that form around the edges of cookies—some cracks are natural & pretty!
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 15-20 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Then, using a spatula, gently transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Delicious Gluten Free Cookies You’ll Love
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 14 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Cookies, Healthy Dessert, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 big cookie
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg