Vegan Sesame Tahini Cookies (Gluten Free): just 7 ingredients for the best vegan tahini cookies—buttery-rich, crisp sesame coating, tender on the inside. Delicious sesame tahini cookies that are gluten free!
Sesame Tahini Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted tahini
- ½ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
Sesame Seed Coating
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except sesame seeds. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour sesame seeds into a shallow bowl. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and roll cookie dough into balls. Drop each ball into the bowl of sesame seeds. Roll and press until all dough balls are fully coated in seeds.
- Place cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet, spaced evenly apart, with enough room to spread quite a bit—these cookies will bake up big. Using the palm of your hand or a spoon, gently flatten cookies to desired thickness. If desired, press together any large cracks that form around the edges of cookies—some cracks are natural & pretty!
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack, and allow cookies to cool directly on the sheet for 15-20 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 15 minutes, as cookies are fragile. Then, using a spatula, gently transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool for about 30 minutes, or until completely cooled. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Delicious Vegan Cookies Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 14 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 big cookie
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan tahini cookies, tahini cookies