Deliciously thin vegan chocolate chip cookies with crunchy, crispy edges and a buttery chewy center. The BEST thin crispy chocolate chip cookies!
Are you a fan of thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies? My sister, Jenny, absolutely loves everything thin and crispy. I mean, if she could make ice cream thin and crispy, she would. In a second.
Let’s just say… these thin and crispy vegan chocolate chip cookies are Jenny’s absolute favorite.
And that’s saying A LOT. Like, once I saw her meticulously crisp up 100 tater tots on two large baking sheets for, like, 65 minutes. She turned each tot over by hand (okay, by chopstick), lovingly, carefully. She literally turned each one over and crisped each side thrice (yes, thrice) before deeming them “ready.”
Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Crunchy, Crispy Delight
So when I say these thin ‘n crispy vegan chocolate chip cookies are her fave. I mean business. Dive into these crispy, crunchy, buttery-centered Thin & Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and ENJOY.
But, don’t dive, because crispy chocolate chip cookies are hard. And crunchy. So… maybe save the diving for these softer gluten free vegan oat flour chocolate chip cookies instead. Heehee…
How to Make Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies Vegan
Before you get started, remember to preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk the Dry
Whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
Whisk the Wet
Whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
Combine & Fold
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients’ bowl and whisk until it’s all well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips. You’ve made your thin crispy chocolate chip cookie dough!
Scoop and drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet your prepped earlier. Make sure to drop just 6 balls of cookie dough onto the large baking sheet—these cookies are gonna be BIG!
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake, cool and enjoy the best crispy thin chocolate chip cookies on the face of this planet! Oh yeah, I said it. 😉
Vegan Cookies You’ll Love: Healthy Vegan No Bake Cookies without Milk! · Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies · The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Taste & Texture of Vegan Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
My deliciously thin vegan chocolate chip cookies boast crunchy, crispy edges, with a buttery chewy center. These are the best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies—and one of my first crispy, crunchy vegan cookie recipes. I so hope you enjoy them!
Kaylee says, “I’ve never left a comment on a recipe. But this one deserves a comment. This one actually deserves a Michelin star and a trophy. These were the best f**%!#< cookies I have ever had in my life. I am not even vegan. My husband has gluten and dairy allergies. He paid me $50 to make him “crispy” cookies out of a sweet tooth desperation. Upon a Google search for “easy gf df cookies” – the internet Gods gifted me this treasure that will forever change our lives. I was so paranoid something would happen to my access of this gem, I had to write the recipe down and put it in my safe keeping box just in case the internet exploded. Thank you. Thank you. I’m SICK of all these disgustingly soft cookies that are on every single health conscious baking blog. I thought we were doomed to them because of my husband’s allergies. Until this. You don’t have to be deprived of good cookies any longer. This is what you’ve been waiting for… It made 12 perfect, gigantic cookies which crisped to perfection right at 14 minutes as promised.
If you’re reading comments trying to decide if you should make these cookies, just stop. Make. The. Cookies.”
Nana says, “I made these cookies today, and they were awesome! … Perfect crispiness & crunchiness, not too sweet. I gave some to my brother and he just couldn’t stop binging it…he even told me they were the best thing I’ve ever baked. Yay! Thank you so much for sharing the great recipe, I’m sure I’m making more!”
Kimery says, “These cookies are so crispy and delicious, they really hit the spot. I have made them twice now and I don’t know about sitting then for up to a week because they never last more than 3 days in my house. Even my picky kids love these. Thank you for this excellent recipe.”
Nicola says, “Amazing recipe. Best vegan cookie I’ve ever made … and I’ve tried quite a few recipes. My daughter is transitioning to a vegan diet and she loves these. She says they don’t taste vegan, which is a compliment from a 15 year old! 🙂 ”
Nicole says, “I don’t know if I’ve ever reviewed a recipe before, but as I bite into my last cookie, I feel compelled and as if I’ll carry an immense and heavy feeling of regret with me for the rest of my life…
These cookies are To. Die. For.
…these were “Just like Mrs. Fields” (I think they are better) and she ate three in less than an hour.”
Vegan Cookies We ❤️: Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF) · Easy Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies · Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
How to Store Vegan Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store your delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. As always, keep your vegan chocolate chip cookies out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources so they don’t spoil! 😉
Store your crispy chocolate chip cookies in a freezer-friendly container. Keep the thin chocolate chip cookies for 1-3 months in the freezer. Allow cookies to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying!
Crunchy, crispy chocolate chip cookies with irresistible buttery chewy centers. The best thin chocolate chip cookies!
Tools for the Best Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Click below to see the tools & ingredients I use to make the best vegan chocolate chip cookies ever!
- Medium Cookie Scoop: I love using cookie scoops to make the best vegan chocolate chip cookies. They’re great for even cookie dough distribution! Try the small cookie scoop for easier portion control.
- Coconut Oil: I love using virgin coconut oil instead of butter in my vegan cookie recipes. This one’s unrefined, cold-pressed and great in vegan baking.
- Coconut Sugar: my favorite refined sugar-free ingredient to use in place of cane sugar.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: these dairy-free chocolate chips melt so beautifully in chocolate chip cookies & are just the right size for yummy chocolate flavor!
Was Jenny right, or was Jenny right? Are these not the best thin crispy vegan chocolate chip cookies ever?? I mean, as a high school teacher, she’s pretty much right about everything. Ya know? 🙂 I hope you truly enjoyed baking with me today! It’s my life’s joy to share in these kitchen adventures with you. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Delicious Vegan Cookies Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Ultimate Chewy Vegan Coconut Cookies
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free): deliciously thin vegan chocolate chip cookies with crunchy, crispy edges and a buttery chewy center. The BEST thin crispy chocolate chip cookies—that happen to be gluten free and dairy free!
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, sugar, flax egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, with a lot of space to spread (about 6 cookies per large cookie sheet). Cookies will spread a lot—they’ll be large and flat when done baking. Cookie dough will be very soft (like liquid gel) and begin spreading before baking. If desired, use the back of a spoon to nudge cookies into a prettier circular shape. Dot with chocolate chips—save half if you want to press more in after baking (those chips are a bit more visible).
- Bake for 12-16 minutes—bake on the higher end for crispier cookies. Mine took 14 minutes. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Then, transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
Nutrition Information is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 22 servings per recipe, made without optional toppings.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: thin chocolate chip cookies, crisp chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.