Dark Chocolate Chili Nut Clusters Recipe – this homemade chocolate nut clusters recipe is healthy, easy and decadent! It’s the perfect dark chocolate treat – spicy, rich, packed with sweet nut clusters & prep’d in 15 minutes! Just 4 ingredient, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free. Only 74 calories and 7 carbs per serving + 2 grams of protein!
Did I ever tell you about the time I made homemade chocolate candies for my whole class in high school and chickened out when I realized I actually had to hand them out?
You see, I have this familiar set of anxieties when it comes to presenting people with food I’ve made. I know, I know, I should be expert-level when it comes to this kind of thing (by now at least). But the thing is, this blog is online. Like, I’m not just knocking on rando people’s doors and presenting them with a gorgeously decorated plate full of homemade crunch bars, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and sweet ‘n salty nut clusters!
They wish. 😉
But anywho, way back during Valentine’s Day 2000 or so (quit calculating my age!! Right this moment!! Hehe), I decided to come out of my shell and make ‘n pack homemade chocolate goodies to bring to school. Thing is, I didn’t know that not only is making these treats kinda messy, but so is wrapping the buggers and transporting them all the way to school.
Let’s just say, I was a sweaty and chocolatey mess by the time I got to passing them out the third period of the day. I only ended up passing out like 3 of the 16 treat bags that my sister Monica helped me make.
And even then, I had to field the usual teenage curiosity-suspicion over-homemade-treat-bags-brought to-school questions. “So… when’d you have time to make these?” “Uh… do you have a crush on me?” (CRINGE, uh, no I do not!!! You looked like the easiest, gentlest target for my ill-thought-out social experiment—thinking in my head of course.) Or… “What are these flecks on the chocolate?”
Now that I’m safely seated at home, where my introvert tendencies need not be challenged on a daily basis, I can not-awkwardly (okay, a little awkwardly since it’s kinda my signature at this point) share this delightful Dark Chocolate Chili Nut Clusters Recipe with you. They’re awesomely healthy, homemade and vegan!
And no, I would totally not have the soft baked vegan donut balls to say & sell these to you while waiting on your doorstep, awkwardly grinning like a fool. 😉 Without further ado, let’s chat about all things Homemade Chocolate Nut Clusters! Read below for common questions, substitution notes, related recipes, tips and more!
How Spicy are these Homemade Dark Chocolate Chili Nut Clusters?
In one word: spicy!! But not to fear, you can entirely remove one of the spices (the hottest one, imo), if you’d like! Psst… it’s cayenne!
Are these Easy Homemade Chocolate Nut Clusters Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Paleo?
Yes! Make sure to use vegan, paleo & gluten-free ingredients and you’re good to go! Be sure to check out the “Tools” section below for my favorite paleo chocolate, vegan chocolate chips and more. 😉
Tools to Make this the Best Homemade Chocolate Nut Clusters Recipe Ever!
Click the links below to check out my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this recipe.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – a great vegan chocolate chip alternative that’s Top 8 Free.
- Paleo Vegan Chocolate – one of my very favorite chocolate brands ever – it just happens to be paleo, vegan & dairy-free (and gf!!).
- Double Boiler – use this instead of the microwave to melt your chocolate!
- Coconut Oil – great quality coconut oil at such an awesome price!
- Unbleached Parchment Paper – my favorite unbleached parchment paper to use for baking & making homemade candy.
Perhaps now is the time for our big virtual introverts united group hug? 😉 Or perhaps it’s time to make a big batch of these chocolate chili nut clusters and maybe these double chocolate chewy oatmeal cookies, and we can discuss the hug sitch later? Hehe! I’ll grab everything and meet ya in the kitchen! Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoying these wonderful kitchen adventures with me. It’s truly a blessing. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. In the meantime…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
More Sweet Nut Cluster & Dark Chocolate Recipes
- Salted Dark Chocolate Nut Clusters
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Almond Bark
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Kind Bars
- Soft Baked Vegan Chocolate Donuts
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Almonds – 3 Ingredient
Dark Chocolate Chili Nut Clusters Recipe (V, GF): this homemade chocolate nut clusters recipe is healthy, easy and decadent! It’s the perfect dark chocolate treat – spicy, rich, packed with sweet nut clusters & prep’d in 15 minutes!
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or chopped paleo vegan chocolate
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil (optional, for easy melting)
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted nuts
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (skip for less spicy) or chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon nuts, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes and/or cayenne pepper
- Line a small or medium baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- To melt the chocolate: use the double boiler method or do the following. Add chocolate and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Fold in nuts and spices. Using a spoon, scoop and drop piles of chocolate-covered nuts on the prepared baking sheet. These cluster piles should be evenly spaced apart. Optionally, sprinkle with finely chopped nuts and spices.
- Allow to set at room temperature, until firm. Or, chill in the refrigerator, for about 30 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.Adapted from my Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 24 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Dessert, Candy, Snacks, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy
- Serving Size: 1 cluster
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Protein: 2g
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.