Gluten Free Trail Mix Cookies (V+GF): an easy recipe for chewy and satisfying protein-packed trail mix cookies, full of fruits, seeds and nuts. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil*
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, sliced or finely chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir and fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in cranberries, almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, gently flatten cookies to desired thickness. Cookies won’t spread during baking.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Using a flat, heatproof spatula, immediately remove cookies from the sheet and place onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before storing. Enjoy!
– Adapted from my Good Morning Breakfast Cookies.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– *To sub the oil: Readers have reported that the coconut oil can be successfully substituted with applesauce. Shoutout to Angie! 🙂
– More protein-packed snacks to keep you going all day: no bake snacks, cookies, smoothies.
– Here’s the fantastic cookie scoop that I used in today’s recipe.
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free