Homemade Almond Joy Cups (Paleo, V, GF): a 5-ingredient recipe for rich, nutty Almond Joy cups layered in velvety chocolate. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a standard 12-muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside for later.
- Make the Coconut Cups: Add Coconut Cups ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky dough-like mixture, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of coconut mixture into each muffin cup. Press down and smooth until you get an even, tightly-packed layer. Coconut mixture will be sticky.* Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Layer: Add Chocolate Layer ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth. Scoop and drop 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto each cup. Using a small spoon, spread chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to even out the chocolate.
- Add Topping ingredients to a small bowl and stir until mixed. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon onto each cup. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Drizzle: add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to the bowl of leftover melted chocolate. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until just softened. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate into a zip bag and trim off a very small tip. Drizzle all cups.
- Place muffin pan into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
– *Here’s how I like to smooth out the cups: Use one hand to hold the muffin liner in place; use a small spoon in the other hand to press down and smooth coconut filling into an even layer.
– Adapted from my 4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Cups and my Paleo Almond Joy.
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
– If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
– More coconut recipes (all V, GF, DF): Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Paleo), Chocolate Coconut Truffles, Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats.
- Category: Candy, No Bake, Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free