4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups (V, GF, Paleo): a 4-ingredient recipe for delicious coconut-filled homemade Mounds cups. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo. Find the Almond Joy version here.
Well, hello there! How are ya? I hope you’re having a seriously awesome day so far. And just in case things aren’t all gumdrops and butterflies, let me assure you, that’s all about to change. Why?
Because: 4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups.
And second because (in case you’re actually in the mood for a cookie): Paleo Vegan Coconut Macaroons.
Come on, you totally felt good just reading that. Didn’t you? 😉 Truth is, it’s been AGES since I’ve shared a paleo candy cup recipe with you… and since Easter is right around the corner, I thought it’d be high time to get to cuppin’!
I know plenty of people are BIG fans of Almond Joy, but what about Mounds? Do you prefer Mounds to Almond Joy, or do you like them both just the same? A while back, I shared a Mounds cup recipe that not many too people got to enjoy. Namely because it was a bit spooky.
You’re totally intrigued. Don’t lie! Alright, I’ll un-mystify this whole thing for you by just saying it: Jack Skellington. Turns out, Mounds cups are waaaaaay creepier when they feature the ol’ guy’s face. And even creepier because it’s Halloween.
Well, it’s not Halloween now, so the coast is pretty much clear… but anyway, I was kinda bummed that no one got to enjoy that awesome recipe. So I plotted and schemed and—wait a minute, it’s not Halloween, so my wording is totes inappropriate right now—ahem, I reimagined and re-envisioned that recipe so I could bring this newbie to you today!
Side note, Erik just said I should call it “totes inappropes,” but I’m still trying to figure out if I can pull off “totes.”
Anyway, um—introducing (drumroll please…)
4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups.
These cups are SO much better. Namely because there’s more coconut, more chocolate, less creepy vibes, and MORE sass involved. And since when did more sass not equal better taste? Okay, don’t answer that.
Instead, help me out with this little quandary: Erik and I want to send my mom and Jenny a package of goodies for Easter (shhh, don’t tell them!), but I’m debating what to include. Usually, my mom is ALL about the coconut, but in a surprising turn of events, she went and started really loving peanut butter and oats. Meanwhile, my sister Jenny is now semi-into coconut, but I’m trying to get her to like almond butter.
So here’s what I tentatively have planned out so far:
- chocolate peanut butter eggs
- Paleo Almond Joy, for sure
- these 4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups
And I’m debating including one or two of these:
Which do you think I should include?? While I eagerly wait to hear what you think, allow me to tell you all about these 4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups. They’re:
- made with just 4 simple ingredients
- bursting with coconut YUM
- made with the right amount of chocolate and coconut
- sweet, chewy and seriously satisfying
- vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free
- about as close to healthy candy as you can get (okay, you could get closer, but still!)
- so much fun to make
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- way less creepy than the Halloween version. Ahem.
So grab just 4 ingredients, your prettiest cupcake liners (or not because they’re donezo after the coconut filling chills), and your candy-making apron! You ready? Let’s do this! I’m so happy to be creating, baking, candy-making and more with you in the kitchen. I can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. In the meantime, tell me:
What’s your favorite way to enjoy coconut?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Here are a few items from today’s recipe. 🙂
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a standard 12-muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside for later.
- Make the Coconut Cups: Add Coconut Cups ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky dough-like mixture, with smaller but still noticeable coconut pieces.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of coconut mixture into each muffin cup. Press down and smooth until you get a tightly packed layer. Coconut mixture will be sticky.*
- Make the Chocolate Layer: Add Chocolate Layer ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Scoop and drop 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto each cup. Using a small spoon, spread chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to even out the chocolate. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Coconut Topping onto each cup. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Drizzle: add Chocolate Drizzle ingredients to the bowl of leftover melted chocolate. Heat in the microwave in 20-30 second increments until just softened. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate into a zip bag and trim off a very small tip. Drizzle all cups.
- Place muffin pan into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- *Here’s how I like to smooth out the cups: Use one hand to hold the muffin liner in place; use a small spoon in the other hand to press down and smooth coconut filling into an even layer.
- Adapted from my Paleo Almond Joy.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- More coconut recipes (all V, GF, DF): Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Paleo), Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies, Toasted Coconut Rice Crispy Treats.
- Nutrition Info: is an estimate based on 12 total cups.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
If you love these 4 Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Coconut Cups, then you’ll enjoy these gluten free vegan recipes…
☀ Paleo Candy Recipes
Paleo Almond Joy (5 Ingredient, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Chocolate Coconut Truffles (4 Ingredient, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Paleo Almond Butter Cups (Paleo, V, GF, DF)
☀ More Delicious Paleo Chocolate recipes
Almond Butter Fudge Cups (Paleo, V, GF, DF)
Vegan Ice Cream Bars (Paleo, V, GF, DF)
Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Paleo, V, GF, DF)
Paleo Mocha Frappe (No Added Sugar, 4 Ingredients, Paleo, V, GF)
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.