Toasted Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats (V+GF): an easy, 5 ingredient recipe for sweetly satisfying, protein-packed toasted coconut rice crispy treats. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
It’s almost the weekend!! Woohoooo! Just thought I’d remind you, in case you were having a bumpy week or an especially humpy Wednesday. Huh, that sounded kinda gross, didn’t it? Oh well!
As you can see, I’ve got loads of energy from a super fun activity Erik and I did this morning. Okay, rewind: remember how in the last post, I told you all about how I was gonna change my pretty-much obsessive work-minded/not-healthy habits?
TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read): Less work, more life! Well, it’s not quite the case that Erik and I went dolphin-watching or jetpack cross-country flying (oh, woah) or anything… but, drumroll please:
We went for a walk!
Ahem. Was that anti-climatic? I hope not. Because the whole not-living by crazy-high self-imposed standards concerning work and such extends to real world fun too. 😉 We wanted to start out small (a walk) and increase to something bigger (jetpack cross-country flying, duh) over time.
And while we wait and wish for that jetpack thingy to become, well… a thing, we’re gonna go walking. Awww, yeah! I’m super excited because, as some of you might know, Erik and I moved to Maine just a little over a year ago. Between traveling, working and general hermet-esque behaviors, we haven’t gotten out much.
One thing we both really missed was walking. Like, a lot. Coming from San Francisco and Boston, we were used to walking everywhere. Dude, let’s just say if we had pedometers (oldschool FitBits for you youngins), we would’ve totally held the top ranking position in those weekly fitness contest thingys that people do.
Don’t lie, you do them. Don’t you??? 😉 Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. See what I did there?? Okay, I did mention that I’m super energetic from the walk, right? Riiiiight?
Anyway, here in Maine, at least in the city we live in, walking is not exactly a thing. Er… sidewalks aren’t all the rage, shall we say. ? But this morning, with our Optimism Hats on, we walked like we were gonna start creating sidewalks under us or something.
And guess what? We did. Okay, we didn’t… but we found a walking path area that actually spanned for at least one mile. Cool, right?
The whole time we walked, we discussed ideas for what to write in the Toasted Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats post. In part because we could justify it as “still working,” in much larger part due to the fact that we LOVE rice crispy treats.
Like, who doesn’t LOVE rice crispy treats?? Btw, here’s my latest and greatest version: 3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Rice Crispy Treats! 🙂
Alright, fine, some people don’t like rice crispy treats. But could it be because of the guilt factor? Or the, I’m trying to eat healthier, so I better not have yummy treats factor? Or… the, they’re not vegan or gluten-free dang it… factor?
Well, regardless of what factors mighta been holding you back, I’d like to introduce you to my Toasted Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats. Erik and I’ve been happily enjoying our delicious supply of homemade Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream. So, I thought… why not put some of those delightful, nutty and totally tasty toasted coconut flakes into rice crispy treats?
So now that you’re impressed by my boundless creativity (um, sure…) and my super cool outdoor activities (move it along, nothing to see here folks), why not try some of my simply tasty Toasted Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats (this is the clear winner)?
These Toasted Coconut Almond Rice Crispy Treats are:
- made with just 5 simple ingredients
- perfectly sweet and lightly nutty
- vegan, gluten free and dairy free
- deliciously coconutty and crispy
- plant-based and allergy-friendly
- so simple to make, you’ll be done before you know it
- packed with protein
- the perfect topic to discuss while out for a morning walk
So tell me, what kind of outdoor activities do you love? What’s your favorite treat to keep you fueled?
Sending you all my love, and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
Related Gluten Free Vegan Recipes:
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- ⅓ cup natural almond butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper, parchment or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Bring a small skillet to medium heat. Add coconut. Stir until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in almonds and brown rice cereal. Stir until all three ingredients are well-mixed.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour over the dry mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth the rice crispy treats into an even, tightly packed layer.
- Chill in the freezer for 30-40 minutes. Remove and slice into 16 square treats. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
- More whole ingredient snacks (all Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free): Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars, Mango Chia Seed Smoothie.
- Almond butter lover recipes (all Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free): Cookies, No Bake Bites, No Bake Granola Bars.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Almond Butter Lovers, gather ’round. I have something special for you: Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). Feel-good cookie bliss.
So you love getting creative with almond butter, do you? Try my No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free). Easy, delicious and guilt-free. Oh. YES.
If you love toasted coconut, then you might just (but, for realises, really) love my Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Nice Cream (Vegan, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free). Who says you can’t have it all? 😉
If you could pick one ingredient to use for all of your meals, what would you pick?
I can’t wait to hear your responses.