The best homemade keto trail mix that’s so easy to customize, deliciously low carb, and packed with your favorite fruits and add-ins! Just 0.5g net carbs per serving.
The Case for A Snack Bag Full of Keto Trail Mix
Who’s ever heard of a keto trail mix, anyway? Like, where’s all the sugar-laden chocolate chips, the carby pretzels and other yummy high carb bits? Well, today, we’re gonna make a crunchy, sweet, lightly savory trail mix that meets your low carb goals, and keeps you satisfied. Let’s make the keto-friendly trail mix to end all keto-friendly trail mixes!
Everything You Need to Make a Keto-Friendly Trail Mix
- Pecans – one of my very favorite keto nuts. Along with Brazil nuts, pecans boast the lowest net carbs per nut. Both Brazil nuts and pecans have just 4 net carbs per 3.5 ounces.
- Macadamia Nuts – one of the other lowest net carb, keto-friendly nuts? Macadamia nuts. Macadamia nuts have just 5 net carbs per serving, versus cashews with 22 net carbs per serving and pistachios with 15 net carbs per serving.  
- Sunflower Seeds or Pine Nuts – you can also use whole flax seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds for to keep this keto trail mix keto-friendly.
- Keto Chocolate Chips – one of the best keto-friendly ingredients in my pantry to ward off chocolate cravings. These keto chocolate chips are stevia-sweetened, low carb, and actually delicious.
This is the base recipe for keto trail mix, so if you feel like customizing it a bit to your liking, feel free to do so! 🙂 I pared this homemade keto trail mix recipe down to the lowest carb ingredients so that you can eat more!
How to Make Keto Trail Mix
It’s embarrassingly easy to make homemade keto trail mix. Simply add all of the nuts, seeds and chocolate chips into a mixing bowl. Then, stir the ingredients together until well-mixed. Scoop up a ¼ cup serving and enjoy the best keto-friendly trail mix!
Storing Your Homemade Keto Trail Mix
Feel free to store your keto trail mix for up to 1 month. Just make sure to keep your trail mix in an airtight container, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Sunlight and heat can dramatically spoil food (and straight-up melt your keto chocolate chips!).
Simple Keto Trail Mix Recipe Variations
- Swap the pecans and macadamia nuts with:
- Brazil nuts or walnuts
- Swap the sunflower seeds and pine nuts with:
- Swap the keto chocolate chips with:
- Add in spices:
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
More Keto Snack Recipes
- Keto Coconut Clusters
- 3 Ingredient Keto Clusters
- Keto Granola Bars
- 4 Ingredient Keto Granola Recipe (Low Carb)
- Keto Chia Pudding Recipe – 4 Ingredients!
Tools You Need
- Keto Chocolate Chips
- Keto White Chocolate Chips
- Macadamia Nuts
- Sunflower Seeds
- Glass Mixing Bowls
See You on the Trail!
Grab a bag of your homemade keto trail mix and meet me on the trail! I can’t wait to see how your keto trail mix turns out: will it be heavy on the nuts? Double the keto chocolate chips? Be sure to take a pic, post it on Instagram and tag me @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker. ‘Til our next keto adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🌰 📸 🍫Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.