Mint Chocolate Protein Shake: an easy, 6 ingredient recipe for a refreshing High-Protein shake! Plant-based, 23g grams of protein per serving.
Mint Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ frozen banana or ½ cup frozen fruit of choice
- 2 scoops chocolate vegan protein powder (here’s the one that I use)
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon organic peppermint extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- For Veggies: ¼ cup to ½ cup frozen spinach
- For ENERGY: ¼ teaspoon gelatinized maca powder
- For Protein Boost: 2 tablespoons peanut powder
- For Healthy Fats & Extra Creaminess: 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or nut butter, or 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- For Fun: 1 tablespoon paleo chocolate chunks
This is the blender I use to make my smoothies. It’s easy, holds the perfect amount, and can be left to keep blending while I walk away (it runs by itself). Not sponsored, I just love this!
- Add all ingredients in the order listed: non-dairy milk, fruit, vegan protein powder, MCT oil, vanilla + peppermint extract and ice cubes. This is the order that I’ve found to be smoothest, without any protein powder getting stuck in a clump anywhere.
- Depending on your daily nutritional requirements/needs, feel free to add maca powder, PB2, nut butter or more MCT oil.
- Close blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks remain. Enjoy immediately!
If you don’t know what vegan protein powder to use… here’s my review + guide to vegan protein powders.
Plant Based High Protein Shakes:
Where to Buy Ingredients + Tools
- Personal Blender: I’ve tried all kinds of personal blenders, from the kind that are super cheap, suspiciously lightweight (okay, it broke after just a few go’s), and the fancy, super-expensive/made-from-gold kind. Guess what? This one’s my favorite! It holds *just* the right amount of ingredients, is super easy to use, and auto-blends while you walk away and do something else. How cool is that?
- Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder: If you’ve been with me since the Great Big Best Vegan Protein Powder Ranking Odyssey, then you know we BEEN thru all the plant-based protein powders and more. This brand makes the most edible, pleasing-taste vegan protein powder. This is the protein powder I used to develop today’s mint chocolate protein shake recipe. 🙂
- Organic Peppermint Extract: My favorite peppermint extract, with a fresh, true mint flavor. Love, love, love!
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 1 servings per recipe, made with banana and without optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Snacks, Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 shake
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 461mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 0mg