Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie (V, GF, DF): a super thick & creamy protein-packed smoothie that tastes like hot chocolate in PB milkshake form. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Packed.
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Smoothie
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk*
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- – Ground cinnamon, chocolate shavings, coconut whip, unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (for drizzle)
- Add bananas into the blender, blending until crumbly. Add almond milk. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add peanut butter. Blend until smooth. Add cocoa powder and cinnamon, blending until well-incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the blender periodically, as needed.
- Pour into two cups and enjoy! Optionally, top with cinnamon, chocolate, coconut whip, and peanut butter.
– Adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (V, GF, DF), Vegan Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie and my Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Smoothie.
– *I like my smoothies super thick, but if you prefer a more liquidy version, add up to an extra 1/2 cup of almond milk (for a total of 1 cup almond milk).
– More smoothie recipes (all vegan + gluten free): mango chia seed smoothie, chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, strawberry chia seed smoothie.
– High protein treats to go with your smoothie (all V, GF, and DF): cranberry coconut bites, chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
- Category: Frozen Drinks, Smoothies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Protein-Packed