This festive peppermint martini is creamy, sweet and bursting with peppermint flavor, finished with a colorful candy cane rim.
This is one of my Drinks recipes I know you’ll want to make again and again!
Peppermint Martini: Holiday in a Glass
Every Christmas, Erik and I enjoy what we like to call “Christmas Cheer!” This truly magnificent peppermint martini is one of our favorite holiday cocktails that brings on all the Christmas cheer!
Join me for the minty, chocolatey, and delightfully candy cane-coated festive cocktail treat that’ll make for a very merry season.
What is a Peppermint Martini?
A peppermint martini is a festive, holiday twist on the classic martini.
While a classic martini is made with vodka or gin and vermouth, today’s peppermint martini is made with chocolate liqueur, creme de menthe for a peppermint twist, and creamer for a dessert-inspired twist.
This peppermint martini is the perfect cocktail to make for a holiday party, a gift-giving session, or a cozy evening by the fire with some festive tunes playing.
Peppermint Martini: The Festive Rim Factor
You can enjoy your peppermint martini two ways: 1) a candy cane chocolate rim that ups the choco-vibes, or, 2) a bright red candy cane rim that ups the colorful Christmas vibes!
- Option 1: Chocolate syrup + crushed candy canes – They turn this peppermint martini an actual joyful and jolly delight. Bonus, the chocolate syrup and candy canes make your martini taste like opening a Christmas present. In your mouth. 😉
- Option 2: Crushed candy canes + red cookie icing: I love the holiday cookie vibes this combo creates. There’s nothing more festive and pretty than this colorful hue.
Peppermint Martini Ingredients
- Chocolate liqueur – use dark chocolate liqueur, white chocolate liqueur, whatever you prefer in your peppermint martini. This is a key ingredient in a chocolate espresso martini.
- Crème de menthe – there are crème de menthe products that are crystal clear and ones that are green like the Grinch. I chose to use a bright green one to create that beautiful Grinchean look. It’s so merry with the bright red, crushed candy canes on the rim.
- Creamer – you can use any type of cream or creamer that you’d like. I ended up using oat milk creamer and it was absolutely delicious in this peppermint martini.
- Mini candy canes – I love crushing up mini organic candy canes for the rim, then using a few whole ones hooked onto the side of the rim for a festive treat.
- Candy Cane Sprinkles – a must-have for loads of holiday fun! I had trouble not putting these super cute, teeny-tiny candy cane sprinkles on everything. Love!
How to Make a Peppermint Martini
Just like with a raspberry martini, this peppermint martini focuses on one key, bright-red ingredient. We’ll first go over how to rim the martini glass, then how to make a peppermint martini.
Rim the Glass
The best and perhaps only way to delectably enjoy this peppermint martini is to take the time to rim the glass with all the holiday cheer!
Option #1: Chocolate Rim
Dip the rim of your martini glass into a shallow plate filled with chocolate syrup. Then, do the same with crushed candy canes for a sweet peppermint martini treat!
Option #2: Bright Red Rim
For the photo you see here, I coated the rim of a stemless martini glass with red icing, then dipped that rim into crushed candy canes. The result? A bright, holiday-inspired peppermint martini!
Then, make a whiskey mule to widen your cocktail repertoire. 😉
Make the Peppermint Martini
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice: chocolate liqueur, crème de menthe and creamer. Shake until well mixed and chilled (condensation will form on the shaker when it’s ready).
Sip and Enjoy
Strain your martini into the candy-coated glass. Top with whipped cream. Then, sprinkle with red sanding sugar and adorable candy cane sprinkles. Finish with a mini candy cane on the rim.
Sip and enjoy the best peppermint martini recipe! Then, mix up an Extra Dirty Martini so your peppermint martini doesn’t get lonely.
Holiday Cocktail Recipes
Tools You Need
I’m S-Mint-ten with You
Alright, that was a bit of a stretch, but you get my meaning! 😉 I’m smitten with your company. Thank you for baking, shaking, and decorating your way through the holidays with me. I’m forever grateful for your company. ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️Print
🍃 📸 🍸
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.