A super easy, 4 ingredient recipe for the best creamy peppermint milkshake! ‘Tis the season for candy canes, vanilla ice cream, and peppermint galore—all in one drinkable dessert-inspired treat!
A Dreamy Peppermint Milkshake
I can’t wait for you to try today’s incredible peppermint milkshake! Think: thick ‘n creamy, festive to the max, peppermint milkshake! It’s packed with creamy ice cream, loads of crushed candy canes, and a dash of pure peppermint extract for a cool and delightful holiday dessert treat. Let’s blend this!
Peppermint Milkshake Ingredients
This peppermint milkshake recipe is easy and only calls for 4 ingredients.
- Vanilla ice cream – use your favorite one
- Milk – use any kind you’d like
- Peppermint extract – here’s my highly recommended peppermint extract (I’m kind of a peppermint connoisseur lol.)
- Crushed candy canes
What is a Peppermint Milkshake?
A peppermint milkshake is a frozen, blended drink that’s inspired by the flavors of the season.
This peppermint milkshake recipe combines ice cream, milk, peppermint, and crushed candy canes into one frosty, festive drink that’s perfect for celebrating the holidays!
Psst… don’t forget to make a batch of chocolate peppermint cookies to go with this milkshake. 🙂
How to Make a Peppermint Milkshake
We’re going to learn how to make a peppermint milkshake in as few steps as possible!
Make the Peppermint Milkshake
First, add ice cream, milk, peppermint, and candy canes to a high-speed blender. Then, blend until well mixed and the candy canes are nicely chopped up (sippable).
Turn it Pink
Optionally, you can turn this peppermint shake pink! Simply add a handful (or more) of freeze-dried raspberries or generous squirts of strawberry syrup. Add and blend until you get the desired shade of pink.
Top it Off
Now, for the fun part! Pour the peppermint shake into a cute glass. Then, top with whipped cream, red sanding sugar, candy cane sprinkles and a mini candy cane.
Don’t forget the cute paper straws!
Sip and Enjoy the Best Peppermint Shake!
Insert cute paper straws, then sip and enjoy the best ever peppermint milkshake.
- Pick your favorite ice cream! The flavor of ice cream comes through a lot in this recipe. Pick your favorite, or for an extra peppermint boost, use peppermint ice cream!
- Use a high-quality, high-speed blender. The better the blender, the less fuss (and better hearing) you get. I love this blender for the smoothest experience.
- Don’t skimp on the peppermint. I know 1 ½ teaspoons seems like a lot of peppermint, but trust me, any less just isn’t festive or tasty enough! (Just like in this peppermint fudge.)
- Crush fresh candy canes. Old, stale candy canes don’t have much peppermint flavor. Use fresh ones and crush them right before making this peppermint milk, if you can.
Holiday Drink Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Martini
- Peppermint Martini
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- Coffee Martini
- Gingerbread Martini
- Check out… Holiday Cocktail Recipes
Tools You Need
Your Milkshake Brings All the Elves to the Yard
And why wouldn’t it? 😉 This Peppermint Milkshake will bring elves, winter fairies (that should be a thing), and all the festive feels to the yard, so to speak. Lol.
Beaming Holiday Treat-a-Palooza! ❄️ 🎁 🍪
Welcome to the 1st Annual Beaming Holiday Treat-a-Palooza! I’ll be sharing new festive treats throughout the season… check back here to see what new recipes are unveiled!
If you make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and Facebook, using the tags @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker so I can see! It’s always such a joy to see your BB creations! ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️Print