Bright citrus balances cozy, rich pumpkin and zesty fall spices in the best pumpkin cocktail. This pumpkin spice tequila cocktail tastes like pumpkin pie with a spiked, fresh twist.
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Rim
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- Orange juice
Pumpkin Spice Tequila Cocktail
- 2 ounces tequila
- ½ ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 ½ ounces orange juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) pumpkin puree
- ½ ounce pure maple syrup
- Cinnamon stick
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Orange twist
For the Pumpkin Spice Sugar Rim:
- Fill a shallow, rimmed plate with pumpkin spice and sugar. Gently stir until well mixed. Set aside for later.
- Now, fill a shallow, rimmed plate that’s large enough to hold the entire rim of your cocktail glass with orange juice.
- Turn your glass upside down, holding it by the base or stem over the orange juice plate.
- Gently turn and twist the rim of the glass in the orange juice until coated.
- Set the rim into the plate of pumpkin spiced sugar. Twist, turn and tilt the glass until the rim is coated in sugar.
- Set glass aside while you make the cocktail.
For the Pumpkin Spice Tequila Cocktail:
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice: tequila, Cointreau, orange juice, lime juice, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into prepared glass(es).
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, a sprinkle of pumpkin spice, and/or orange twist. Sip and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Cocktails
- Method: Chill