Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
THE fluffiest pumpkin pancakes with lightly sweet, big pumpkin spice flavor, tender crumb, topped with whipped cream and rivers of pure maple syrup and pecans!
Don’t let the pumpkin part of the pancake fool you—these pancakes are anything but dense—they’re the lightest, fluffiest breakfast treat of the fall season: packed with pumpkin flavor and warm pumpkin spice!
The Lightest, Fluffiest Pumpkin Spice Pancakes to Grace Your Dream Breakfast Table This Fall
🎶 Pumpkin in the morning, pumpkin in the evening, pumpkin love all the tiiiiiiimmee!!! 🎶 Can you tell that pumpkin’s got me singing this fine morning? There’s something magical/joyful/beautiful/blissful about pumpkin that makes everything better. So when I tell you that today’s pumpkin spice pancakes are the best pumpkin spice pancakes ever, then know that I mean it. My devotion to pumpkin has been noted. And trust me, your love for these pumpkin pancakes will shine so bright, it’ll be seen from space. Ready? Let’s make this!
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Ingredients
Today, we’re making pumpkin spice pancakes with ingredients you probably already have sitting in your pantry. With these simple ingredients, we’ll create a fluffy, cloud-like crumb, and deeply satisfying, vibrant pumpkin flavor.
- 100% pumpkin puree
- Ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- Brown sugar
How Do I Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes?
How to make vegan pumpkin spice pancakes? Not to worry, I’ll have the substitution notes in the recipe. Just make sure to use organic brown sugar, vegan butter, soy milk (or your preferred non-dairy milk), and a flax egg.
The Very Best Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Why is this recipe the best recipe for pumpkin spice pancakes? Well, I’m glad you asked! The very best recipe for pumpkin spice pancakes boasts:
- Fluffy, Cloud-Like Crumb: If you thought that anything pumpkin would taste dense and heavy, think again. These pumpkin spice pancakes are fluffy enough to float on—you’ll be dreaming about the fluffy, cloud-like crumb of these pumpkin pancakes ‘til you make the next batch.
- Vibrant Pumpkin Flavor: We’re gonna go Pumpkin, or we’re going home! 😉 Here at BB, we do not play when it comes to pumpkin flavor—every ingredient in this recipe serves to enhance and highlight our mutual love for pumpkin, including…
- Delicious Pumpkin Spice: We’re using 4 different spices to complement and bring out the bright, cozy sweetness of pumpkin, from warm cinnamon to spicy ginger, and comforting nutmeg and cloves, you’ll love it all.
- Tender Pancakes: You know when you grab a fork to dive into a stack of pancakes, and you end up having to saw it? We’re not doing that today. You’ll love the tender texture of these pumpkin pancakes. Tender and fluffy, you’ll keep coming back for more.
- The Perfect Pairing of Pumpkin Spice and Pure Maple Syrup: Was there ever a match made in flavor heaven better than pumpkin spice and maple syrup? I’ve developed today’s lightly-sweet pumpkin pancakes just-so with the thought that y’all will be adding rivers of maple syrup over them. The end result? Perfectly sweet pancakes crowned with beautifully sweet maple syrup and creamy whipped topping.
Soft and fluffy crumb for the most plump, airy pumpkin spice pancakes ever!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Make the buttermilk. First, mix together your milk of choice and apple cider vinegar. You’ll set this aside for it to curdle into buttermilk while you prep the other ingredients.
Sift the dry ingredients. Sifting is key to a light, fluffy crumb, so make sure to do this step. Add the flour, spices, baking powder and salt into a sifter and sift into a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk the wet ingredients. Now, grab the buttermilk. Add it to a large mixing bowl with your flax egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, milk and vanilla. Whisk until well mixed.
Combine the wet and dry. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined to create your beautiful pumpkin spice pancakes batter.
Set batter. Allow the batter to set for 5 minutes.
Make pancakes. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Scoop about ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet. Cook until the pancake is firm enough on the skillet-facing side to flip, about 1-2 minutes. Flip, then cook for about 1-2 more minutes. Set pancake on a cooling rack and repeat until all the pumpkin spice pancake batter is used.
Serve & enjoy the very best pumpkin spice pancakes in a stack with maple syrup, whipped topping, and a few chopped pecans.
Can I Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Pancakes?
You most certainly can! Just make sure to use vegan-friendly ingredients that don’t use any animal products. Here are the ingredients you need to pay special care to when making vegan pumpkin spice pancakes:
- Egg: make sure to use a flax egg instead of using a chicken egg. You can also use a chia egg. Here’s how to make a flax egg.
- Brown Sugar: use organic brown sugar, as regular brown sugar may be processed with bone char, therefore making it not vegan.
- Butter: I used vegan butter to make these spiced pumpkin pancakes, so rest assured that it does work! I use Earth Balance.
- Milk: I used unsweetened soy milk, which is vegan, throughout this recipe. Soy milk works best, but if you’d like, you can use almond milk, or another kind of vegan milk.
- Whipped Cream: You can use coconut whip, or a non-dairy whipped cream sold in stores.
Tools You Need
- Pancake spatula
- A truly nonstick pan
- large batter scoop
- measuring cups & spoons
Pumpkins In the Morning, Pumpkins in the Evening
When do you like to eat your pumpkins pancakes? There’s something just so tasty about breakfast for dinner, ya know? Just me? 🙂 It’s such a joy to share in these breakfast adventures with you! ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🥞 📸 🎃
📸 Did you make this vegan pumpkin spice pancakes recipe? Take a pic and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #beamingbaker & tag @beamingbaker. I’d love to see it! 📸
What to Serve with Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Easy Strawberry Pancakes
- Apple Pie Breakfast Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Vegan Apple Crumble
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8–12 pancakes (mine made 10 pancakes) 1x
THE fluffiest pumpkin pancakes with lightly sweet, big pumpkin spice flavor and tender crumb, all topped with whipped cream and rivers of pure maple syrup and pecans!
- large nonstick skillet
- large batter scoop
- pancake spatula
- measuring cups & spoons
Homemade buttermilk – learn how to make vegan buttermilk here
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or white vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk (preferred) or milk of choice
PUMPKIN SPICE PANCAKES
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached, all purpose flour – spooned and leveled
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 flax egg or egg of choice (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 minutes)
- ½ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter of choice
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chopped pecans
- Make buttermilk: Add apple cider vinegar to a small mixing bowl or large measuring cup. Add soy milk. Whisk together and let set for about 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients: Sift the flour, spices, baking powder and salt together into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients: Pour the buttermilk, flax egg, pumpkin, brown sugar, melted butter, milk and vanilla over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Combine: Whisk the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined, being careful not to overmix, as this will result in dense pancakes. You’ll want to whisk well until mostly smooth, with just a few tiny pebbles of flour throughout —these will incorporate into the batter as it sets in the next step.
- Set batter for 5 minutes. Your pancake batter is ready!
- Prep the Skillet: Set a nonstick skillet onto your stovetop. Turn the heat to medium, waiting until the skillet is evenly heated but not burning or smoking. We won’t be using butter to coat the skillet, as the butter flavor will overpower the delicious pumpkin taste. Make sure to use a truly nonstick skillet.
- Make Pancakes: Using a large scoop, scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter into the center of the skillet. Then, using the rim of the scoop, smooth the batter into an even layered circle about 1/3“ thick. The batter will rise as it cooks.
- Allow the batter to cook until bubbles form throughout the center of the pancake. About 1-2 minutes. Mine took 1 minute and 15 seconds. Using a pancake spatula, gently lift the edge of the pancake to test that it can be flipped. Flip the pancake. When flipping the pancakes, if the batter spills to the side a bit, gently nudge it back into the center of the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute, until golden brown on the underside touching the skillet. Transfer to a plate, then turn the heat to medium low.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Place pancakes to cool on a cooling rack until ready to serve.
- Serve in a stack with pure maple syrup, whipped cream and chopped pecans. Enjoy!
How to make Vegan: Make vegan buttermilk with soymilk, use vegan butter, organic brown sugar, soymilk or other non-dairy milk, and a flax egg. Learn how to make vegan buttermilk and a flax egg.
How to make Gluten Free: Simply swap the all purpose flour with gluten free flour. Note: every brand of gluten free flour works differently, so proceed with caution and a heart for adventure here. 😉
What if I want to leave out the Pumpkin and make plain pancakes? Try my incredible fluffy vegan buttermilk pancakes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Fluffy Pancakes & More… 🥞
- First, learn how to make vegan buttermilk! Then, make these…
- The Fluffiest Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars (Vegan)
Facebook ☀︎ Pinterest ☀︎ Twitter ☀︎ Instagram
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.
Oh my goodness! These are pumpkin pancakes! They are my favorite!
Oh yes! I’m thrilled that you’re enjoying them.
Love waking up with these fluffy pancakes! They’re so good!
Yay! So happy that you liked them!
Woah, this is SO good!!
Yay! I’m so happy to hear it!
Looks really great! You definitely had me on this!
So glad to hear it, Erin!
Now this is how you get your started off on the right path!
You know it! 🙂
Oh, yes. Pumpkin spice is so nice, and I cannot wait to make these. I can already taste them!
Yes it certainly is! 🙂 I hope you enjoy them!