Soft ‘n fluffy vegan gluten free chocolate donuts topped with luxurious vegan chocolate glaze.
Who’s ready for the best soft and fluffy vegan gluten free chocolate donuts?! Any takers? Can I interest you in some vegan chocolate glaze that’s basically the world’s tastiest dairy-free chocolate ganache?
This chocolate vegan donuts recipe yields super soft vegan donuts with a decadent and luxurious vegan chocolate glaze that even Homer couldn’t resist. Okay, that’s just crazy talk since we already won him over at “chocolate”. Heehee.
Without further ado, let’s chat about all things Vegan Baked Donuts! Make that Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts! In today’s post, I’m gonna go over the tips & tricks for perfect vegan chocolate donuts, as well as common questions and the tools I use to make these gluten free donuts perfection. Let’s bake it!
tricks & tips for the best soft & fluffy vegan gluten free donuts
- Start with an amazing donut pan– this one is super durable and yields perfectly-sized vegan gluten free donuts. I’ve tested both greasing the pan & not greasing it with similar amazing results!
- How to pour the batter into the cavities of the donut pan: I love pouring the batter straight from my OXO mixing bowl—it has a perfect pouring spout that makes for easy pouring. Some folks like to pour the batter into a bag & snip off the end so you can pipe the batter – I didn’t find this necessary or worth the trouble.
- Tips on Homemade Oat Flour: make sure to use very finely ground gluten free oat flour without any major chunks of oats in it. Remember: the oat flour needs to be very fine, similar to regular flour in order to bake up perfect vegan gluten free donuts.
substitution notes for chocolate vegan gluten free donuts
Can I swap the oat flour for another flour?
Yes and no. The best, closest results will likely come from using gluten free all purpose flour. Each brand works differently, so results will vary. Do not swap the oat flour for almond flour and/or coconut flour in this chocolate vegan donuts recipe. Those two flours will yield highly unpleasant results.
Can I swap the coconut oil for another oil or butter?
Yes, with varying flavor & texture results. Some oils, like olive oil, are highly fragrant and will make the vegan chocolate donuts taste like olive oil! Lol. Flavorless oils are best. Melted vegan butter will most likely be the best sub.
Can I swap the coconut sugar for another sugar?
Just make sure you use another similar dry, granulated sugar, such as organic cane sugar or organic brown sugar. Do not replace with a liquid sweetener.
Can I swap the maple syrup for honey, agave, monkfruit sweetener, etc.?
Yes, again with varying results. Each liquid sweetener has its own personality and profile, so it’ll react differently in the recipe, and have varying levels of sweetness. Try it out and learn/experiment as you go. And comment below to let me know!
Just remember: the more ingredient substitutions you make, the further you’ll get from the intended result (vegan baked perfection lol). So proceed with caution and have fun!
how do i store these vegan chocolate donuts?
Store these vegan chocolate donuts in an airtight container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight/near heat sources. You can also store them in the refrigerator, but doing so will result in condensation on the tops of the chocolate donuts.
>>Related: Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
let’s make vegan gluten free donuts!!
Watch out world! We’re about to start our very own vegan gluten free donut shop. Oh yeah!!! What’s life without a bit of enthusiasm and a whole bunch of joy for doing what you love anyway? It’s truly my pleasure & honor to share in these delicious, joyful kitchen moments with you. Thank you for stopping by. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. In the meantime…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Recipes
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins
Vegan Gluten Free Donuts: soft ‘n fluffy vegan gf chocolate donuts topped with luxurious vegan chocolate glaze. The best gluten free vegan donut recipe!
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 1 batch Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- vegan chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat two 6-donut pans with nonstick spray or coconut oil. If using a non-stick donut pan with the non-stick coating intact (fairly new), do not spray. Set aside.
- Make the donuts: In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: water, milk, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour or spoon batter evenly into prepared donut pans. Tap the pans several times to even out the batter and release bubbles that have formed in the batter. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick—it should come out clean when done.
- Place pans on a cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes. Bang the pan vigorously on a flat surface covered with a towel (to protect the surface) to loosen donuts—you’ll see a donut or two jump up when they’re loose. Flip pan upside down onto the cooling rack to remove donuts. If necessary, bang the pan again to loosen leftover donuts. Allow to cool until completely cool.
- Make the Chocolate Ganache: follow recipe to make Chocolate Ganache here. Gently dip one cooled donut into the ganache, with the smooth, baked surface covered in ganache. Donuts are soft and require care in dipping. Place donut back onto the cooling rack while assembling the rest. Optionally, top with chocolate sprinkles. Repeat for all donuts. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Best stored in an airtight container at room temperature, in a cool, dark environment (out of the sun) for 4-6 days.
Day 2: donuts are firmer and flavor intensifies to a rich, deeper chocolate flavor. So good!
For firmer donuts quickly, chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes max, then enjoy or continue to store at room temperature. Storing in the refrigerator overnight is not recommended—ganache on donuts will become too moist & develop moisture beads.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten free donuts, vegan chocolate donuts
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.