Buttery, crumbly, sugary and sweet, the best streusel topping is made with chopped pecans, brown sugar goodness, and just 5 ingredients.
Tools You Need
- ½ cup all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup pecans, chopped – finely chopped for medium-sized crumbles, just chopped for larger crumbles (finely suggested)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter of choice, melted
- Mix everything but butter together: flour, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter.
- Using a fork, gently stir and fold until clumps form.
- Make sure to evenly stir together the mixture so no flour patches remain hidden in a clump.
Use this Streusel to top:
For larger crumbs, use roughly chopped pecans and stop stirring once large clumps form.
For smaller crumbs, use finely chopped pecans and continue to stir and break up larger clumps.
How to make Vegan: use organic brown sugar and vegan butter.
How to make Gluten Free: try gluten free all purpose flour; just remember that all GF AP flours work differently.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Desserts, How-to
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: German, American