Slightly sweet, healthy peanut butter banana cookies taste like banana bread and are made with just 3 ingredients! Perfect for breakfast, snack, or even a light dessert.
- ½ cup mashed, ripened banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped – optional, but recommended
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Peel bananas and add to a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, mash bananas until nearly smooth.
- Add in peanut butter. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Fold in oats to create the dough. Fold in pecans or nut of choice, if using.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Place pan on a cooling rack to allow cookies to set, for about 5 minutes. Then, using a heatproof spatula, lift cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Cool cookies completely, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Freezing Instructions: Store cookies in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Allow cookies to thaw for about 10 minutes at room temperature before enjoying. Or heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warmed, being careful not to burn.
How to make Vegan: keep the recipe as-is. 😉
How to make Gluten Free: use gluten free rolled oats.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American