Unbelievably soft ‘n chewy flourless almond butter cookies made with just 4 ingredients! The best gluten free almond butter cookies—easy to make, delicious, simple ingredients.
I remember the first time I ever tried almond butter—I was like, “Why is this not peanut butter?” “What are these little brown flecks all about?” and “Is this cheaper to make at home?”
And most importantly, “How do I make this almond butter business tastier?” aka “into almond butter cookies.” 😉
The answers fell in the following order:
- Because it’s made with almonds
- The skin of the almonds
- Oh HECK YES. (I eventually learned how to make almond butter here)
- Today’s recipe, that’s how. 😉
Today’s flourless almond butter cookies are gluten free, super to easy to make, with just 4 ingredients, and so mouthwateringly decadent, you’ll wonder why you ever even bothered to buy store-bought cookies.
You ready? Let’s bake this!
How to Make Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
Before getting started, head over to your oven and preheat it to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Stir & Fold
Add all of your flourless almond butter cookies ingredients to a medium mixing bowl: almond butter, flax egg, coconut sugar and baking soda. Stir and fold all the ingredients together until well mixed—this if your almond butter cookie dough. 🙂 If you’d like, you can fold in chocolate chips here.
Grab a medium cookie scoop, then scoop and drop balls of almond butter cookie dough onto the baking sheet you lined earlier. Flatten each cookie dough ball with the palm of you hand. Optionally, dot each cookie with chocolate chips.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy
Bake for about 12 minutes, then cool and enjoy the most delicious flourless almond butter cookies!
Almond Butter Recipes We Love: Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies // Paleo Almond Butter Cups (Gluten Free) // 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Balls
Only 4 Ingredients for Gluten Free Almond Butter Cookies
How to Store Your Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
You can keep your flourless almond butter cookies for up to 1-2 weeks. Just make sure to store the cookies in an airtight container and out of direct light and heat sources (to avoid spoilage).
Once cooled, your flourless almond butter cookies can be store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months in the freezer. You can thaw them before enjoying or enjoy them frozen (if you like your cookies super solid).
Soft ‘n chewy flourless almond butter cookies with a rich, buttery center. Made wonderfully with simple, gluten free ingredients.
So have I totally swayed you over to flourless almond butter cookies or what? Perhaps gluten free almond butter cookies sound more pleasing to you? 😉 Either way, I’m so excited to hear what you think! Thankful & joyful that you’re here, sharing in these baking adventures with me and your loved ones…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Almond Butter Recipes
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Almond Butter Chocolate Balls Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Keto Fat Bombs Recipe—Chocolate Almond Butter
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream
- 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Paleo No Bake Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Keto Fat Bomb Recipe
4 Ingredient Flourless Almond Butter Cookies (Gluten Free): unbelievably soft ‘n chewy flourless almond butter cookies made with just 4 ingredients! The best gluten free almond butter cookies!
Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted, creamy natural almond butter (try homemade almond butter)
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon golden ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients: almond butter, flax egg, coconut sugar, baking soda and optionally, vanilla and salt. Using a rubber spatula, thoroughly stir and fold until well mixed. Optionally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using the palm of your hand, press down on each cookie to flatten. Cookies will spread. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack, and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes—do not remove from sheet for at least 20 minutes, as cookies are very soft and fragile. Then, if desired, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled. After cooling, cookies will be firmer, but a tad fragile and melt-in-your-mouth. Handle with care. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Almond Butter Recipes We Love
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks at room temperature out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Before enjoying, allow to thaw for 10-30 minutes.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond butter cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.