Sweet bananas, creamy oats, and filling chia seeds combine for the best and easiest Banana Overnight Oats! Sweetened to your liking and easy to customize.
Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Fresh banana slices
- Set aside 2-3 resealable jars. Here are the resealable mini glass jars that I use–if using these, set aside 3 jars.
- Prepare overnight oats in a mixing bowl for easier mixing.
- Add banana to mixing bowl and mash.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl: rolled oats, chia seeds, cream or yogurt, vanilla, pure maple syrup, and milk. Stir until well mixed, then pour into jars when done. If using coconut cream, make sure no coconut cream clumps remain after stirring.
- Add optional dry topping, if using. Seal jars and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy the next day, or after at least 3 hours of chilling.
Storing Instructions: Store overnight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Overnight oats will become thicker as each day passes. If desired, add milk and mix well to thin it out. Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American