Deliciously healthy banana muffins bursting with sweet banana flavor, made with guilt-free, wholesome and healthy ingredients that are fiber-rich and heart-healthy.
What is it about this season that calls for homemade muffins? I simply love warming up the oven, grabbing my favorite ingredients, and baking up a batch of these healthy banana muffins.
What a way to warm up, amiright?
I hope you love today’s nutritious and heart-warming healthy banana muffins as much as I do! Let’s bake!
Healthy Banana Muffins Ingredients
These healthy banana muffins are so easy to make, with wholesome ingredients like bananas and oat flour! Bonus: you can easily swap the coconut oil with melted butter, and the coconut sugar with cane sugar.
What’s So Great About These Healthy Banana Muffins?
Why is my family a huge fan of these healthy banana muffins anyway? Well…
- Wholesome & Nutritious: these banana muffins are made with 100% oat flour, or whole wheat flour—take your pick!
- Fiber-rich: you’ll benefits from fiber-filled ingredients like bananas and oats in this recipe.
- Heart-healthy: you’ll love the many heart-healthy ingredients in this recipe like almonds and oats!
- Less Sugar & Less Oil: with just 3 tablespoons each of sugar and oil, this recipe yields 8-12 muffins that you won’t feel guilty about!
How to Make Healthy Banana Muffins
I can’t wait to show you how to make healthy banana muffins in just a few steps! Check out the photo tutorial below.
First, mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. I like to use this pastry cutter for easier mashing.
Using a whisk, mix together the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Then, add in all of the dry ingredients, including flour, almond meal, and more over the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl.
Whisk as long as you can, switching to a spatula to finish off the thick healthy banana muffin batter.
Next, pour in the nuts and fold it into the muffin batter.
Then, admire your beautiful batter—if only just for a second. Can you believe you made this?? 🙂
Make sure to create rounded tops, as the batter will bake up very much how it looks raw.
Bake, cool, then enjoy the best healthy banana muffins!
Banana Muffin Add-ins & Customizations
How do you customize these healthy banana muffins to make them just for you? Try…
- Swapping the add-ins: instead of pecans or walnuts, use chocolate chips or chopped dried fruit like cranberries or raisins
- Make cinnamon banana muffins: add in ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon into the batter for a delicious twist
- Top with oats: I love sprinkling about ½ teaspoon of oats onto each muffin for a little added texture!
- Make it with almond extract: reduce the vanilla to ½ teaspoon, then add in about ¼ to ½ teaspoon almond extract (depending on how strong you like it), then top batter with sliced almonds before baking.
- Swap the almond meal: if you don’t have any almond meal on hand, or can’t eat it at all, try using the same amount of sunflower seed meal. Or, replace it with 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons additional oat flour.
Can You Freeze Healthy Banana Muffins?
Yes, you can freeze this healthy banana muffins recipe.
Simply cool muffins completely, then store in a freezer-friendly container in the freezer for 1-3 months.
Thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before enjoying. Tip: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until just warm.
Magical Muffin Recipes
Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing in a cozy baking adventure with me and your loved ones. Be sure to take a pic of your BB creation and share it on Instagram and Facebook, tagging me @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker. I can’t wait to see it! ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️Print
Bountiful Banana Recipes
- Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Banana Peanut Butter Cookies
- Caramelized Bananas
- One Bowl Banana Bread
- GF Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Like this recipe? Share it with friends!
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.