Classic Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe (V, GF): a foolproof, easy recipe for the best gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies: chewy, moist centers with crispy edges, bursting with oats & raisins. Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies never tasted so good! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional, but recommended)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional, but recommended)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until no flour patches remain. Fold in raisins and walnuts, if using.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature until just soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread a bit. Optionally, press raisins into cookies—this will help decrease sticking when flattening the cookies. Using a spoon, flatten the cookies about half way for thick cookies; flatten considerably for just slightly thick cookies. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Then, using a heatproof spatula, lift cookies off the sheet and transfer directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Cookies & Bars
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create grainy/crumbly cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 30 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Category: Cookies, Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: best gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies recipe, gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, gf oatmeal raisin cookies, easy