A foolproof, easy recipe for the best gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies: chewy, moist centers, with crispy edges, bursting with oats & raisins! Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies never tasted so good!
Are oatmeal raisin cookies better than chocolate chip? Ahh… the age old question! If you’re reading this post, then you’re probably like, “Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are DA BEST. No contest!” Yep, you even used “da best” to emphasize your point.
I feel you. 😉
And if you’re kinda like, “I’m A-okay with oatmeal raisin cookies… but I’d prefer oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.” Then, to that I say, “Off with your head!” J/k!!! What I meant to say was, “I totally, totally get it.” I’m cool.
And now let me dispel with the quotes because my typing fingers are getting tired. (As opposed to my cookie-making fingers, ya see.)
Classic Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
I, myself, used to not be a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies whatsoever. Then, one day, I saw the light, coming from a cookie case… and realized the error of my ways. But if you’re like, I didn’t see no light. I wanna see some COOKIES!!!
Try those cookies above, and then we’ll talk. 😉 *pause* Okay, talking time is now! Let me get to the good stuff: this Classic Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe is sure to convince you to come to the dark (oatmeal raisin) side. Not convinced? Read on and then we’ll talk. (Again.) 😉
The Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe!
Sometimes, I get questions from readers like, “how bad are oatmeal raisin cookies for you?” Well, the answer is: these Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are not bad for you at all! I always try to use the simplest, whole, nutritent-rich ingredients in all of my vegan gluten free recipes. This gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies recipe is no exception. (Just like in my Thick and Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.)
These gf oatmeal raisin cookies are refined sugar-free, packed with heart-healthy gluten free oats and brain-healthy walnuts. Woot! As for their flavor and texture: these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies have crispy edges, soft ‘n chewy centers and are bursting with juicy raisins and yummy walnuts. Tell me this isn’t the best gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies recipe ever! (But don’t.) Hehe!!
Storing Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
“How long do oatmeal raisin cookies last?” These gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies last for 1-2 weeks at room temperature, and about 1-3 months in the freezer (just like these Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies).
Just make sure to store your GF oatmeal raisin cookies in an airtight or freezer-friendly container (if freezing) to keep ‘em fresh! If freezing, allow your gluten free vegan oatmeal raisin cookies to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
Tools for the Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
Wanna see the exact tools & ingredients I used to make the best gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies recipe? Check them out below:
- Hand Mixer with Whisk Attachment: I simply love using this hand mixer to make cookies. It allows me to take a break from vigorous whisking, which is great because I have tendonitis in my hands.
- Medium Cookie Scoop: the second I started using cookie scoops to scoop out cookie dough was mind-blowing! I never went back to scooping with a spoon. It’s super convenient & efficient.
- Coconut Sugar: a great refined sugar-free alternative to cane sugar in gluten free vegan baking.
Are we totally done talking? You’re, like, totes ready to make all the best gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies ever. Amiright? Let’s bake it! I’ll grab my juiciest raisins, you grab the homemade oat flour. Thank you for sharing in these tasty kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies!
Are you hankerin’ for more gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies… and perhaps gluten free vegan oatmeal cookies? Here are my favorites!
- Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars (Gluten Free)
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (GF)
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe (Vegan, GF)
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies – 4 Ways!
Classic Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Dairy Free): deliciously chewy gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies with crispy edges and sweet, juicy raisins. Wonderfully gluten and dairy free.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional, but recommended)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional, but recommended)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until no flour patches remain. Fold in raisins and walnuts, if using.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature until just soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread a bit. Optionally, press raisins into cookies—this will help decrease sticking when flattening the cookies. Using a spoon, flatten the cookies about half way for thick cookies; flatten considerably for just slightly thick cookies. The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Then, using a heatproof spatula, lift cookies off the sheet and transfer directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Gluten Free Dairy Free Cookies
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 30 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: dairy free oatmeal raisin cookies, gluten free oatmeal raisin cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.