Delicious vegan cinnamon cookies made with simple ingredients.
Thick ‘n chewy vegan cinnamon cookies with crispy edges, chewy centers and big cinnamon flavor!
Coookies!! Cookies! Cooooookies!!! Can you tell I’ve had one too many (no such thing) vegan cinnamon cookies?
There’s just something invigorating about:
- Cinnamon in general: it’s spicy, it’s hot, it’s cozy
- Making your very own batch of fresh-baked cookies
- Homemade vegan cinnamon cookies
- The holiday season ahead!!
Are you pumped and ready to do all of the holiday baking and cookie-making with me? We are so doing this!
What are Cinnamon Cookies?
Alright, you may be looking at me like, “Uh, I know what a cinnamon cookie is, Demeter.” But some folks might not, so let’s talk about it. 😉
Cinnamon cookies come in all shapes and sizes: thin ‘n crispy, thick ‘n chewy, or soft ‘n puffy (think snickerdoodles, folks).
Today’s cinnamon cookies are on the thicker and chewier side, for maximum vegan cinnamon cookie delight.
How to Make Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
- Make sure the first thing you do is preheat the oven to 350°F. This way, your oven will be hot and ready when you are. 😉 Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Whisk the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Now, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl, stirring and folding until no flour patches remain.
- Cover your vegan cinnamon cookie dough and chill until firm throughout, but still scoopable.
- Cinnamon sugar coating. Add cinnamon and sugar to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Remove cookie dough from the freezer and scoop up a ball. Drop that dough ball into the cinnamon sugar bowl to coat. Place ball onto the prepared baking sheet, then press down with a glass to flatten. Repeat for all cookies, making sure to keep cookies evenly spaced apart.
- Bake, cool, and enjoy. Bake, cool, then enjoy the best vegan cinnamon cookies!
How to Store Vegan Cinnamon Cookies
- Storing Instructions: Store your vegan cinnamon cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. I like to keep mine out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources, as those are the top 2 culprits for spoiling cookies!
- Freezing Instructions: Store cinnamon cookies in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for 1-3 months, max. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
Deliciously thick ‘n chewy cinnamon cookies made with simple vegan ingredients.
Who’s ready for all of the festive treats this year? I’m sharing a whole delicious lineup of yummy vegan cookies and more in the next few weeks, so make sure you stay tuned. Leave a comment below—I love chatting with you. Wishing you and your loved ones a safe & wonderful season ahead…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Delicious Vegan Cookies
- Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Coconut Cookies – just 4 ingredients to chewy coconut goodness!
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – my most popular oatmeal raisin cookie–well loved by readers like yourself 🙂
- Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Cookies 🎃
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies – the BEST thin vegan cookies with mouthwatering crispy, crispy edges. Love these!
Vegan cinnamon cookies made with simple ingredients. Thick ‘n chewy vegan cinnamon cookies with crispy edges, chewy centers and big cinnamon flavor!
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- Note: You won’t use all of the cinnamon sugar coating–in fact, you could halve the cinnamon sugar coating below–you’re making more so the cookies are super easy to coat.
- 1/3 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener or organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients, until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Whisk as long as you can. Switch to stirring and folding with a rubber spatula until no flour patches remain.
- Cover bowl and chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes, until firm throughout. If necessary, allow to thaw at room temperature just until it’s soft enough to scoop, but still very firm and chilled. The firmer the cookie dough balls, the thicker the cookies will be.
- Make the Cinnamon Sugar Coating: In a small bowl, mix together granulated monkfruit sweetener or organic cane sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop a cookie dough ball into the small bowl of cinnamon sugar coating. Press the ball firmly into the mixture (while maintaining its shape), then roll it and press again until the entire ball is coated.
- Place the cookie dough ball onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread. Using the bottom of a clean glass, flatten the cookies only ¼ way for thick cookies or flatten ½ way for thinner, flatter cookies. Repeat for each cookie.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack), then transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Delicious Vegan Cookies
A Note on Homemade Oat Flour: *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to blend the flour until very fine and sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create less than ideal results. Store until needed, then measure the amount required for the recipe.
Storing Instructions: Store cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes before enjoying. Or, warm in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cinnamon cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing a sweet moment with me. I can’t wait to see you on the next one. ‘Til then… feel free to share a pic of your yummy homemade treat on Instagram and tag #beamingbaker. Hugs! ❤️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.