Moist Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (V, GF): a one bowl recipe for moist, fudgy chocolate pumpkin muffins packed with rich fall flavors! Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, 1-bowl.
Alright, so it’s not officially fall yet, but since it IS September, and we’ve already got our 4 ingredient healthy homemade gluten free vegan granola on, I think it’s safe to finally start sharing some pumpkin recipes!!
Okay, fine… I’ve been caught red-handed! I already shared this Easy Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins Recipe a short while ago. But that was just a warm up. 😉 One of my favorite fall flavors is pumpkin. You might say it’s THE favorite fall flavor. For everyone.
But when you put pumpkin and chocolate together… it’s MAGIC. Originally, I wanted to share a pumpkin brownie recipe, but couldn’t decide whether or not to include a brilliantly-orange pumpkin swirl, or just to whip the pumpkin right in.
Then, I realized that I was just overthinking the entire thing and remembered that everyone LOVES muffins! Is it just me or does the Beaming Baker community enjoy muffins like no other? (Feel free to tell me in the comments if you’re totally over muffins, and would, in fact, love to see something else for a change. Hehe.)
These moist gluten free chocolate pumpkin muffins are more than meets the eye. And no, that wasn’t just a Transformers reference/hint for my upcoming Halloween costume (whyyyy am I thinking Halloween already?? Anyone else??). Side note, have y’all seen that IG video of the kid with THE most amazing Transformers costume?
The whole thing literally goes from being a standing robot outfit to a car!
Okay, obviously today’s strong suit is not focusing. 😉
So let’s cut straight to the chase! These easy gluten free chocolate pumpkin muffins are decadent, rich, SO ridiculously chocolatey, but still bursting with pumpkin, spice, and all the cozy vibes. They’re wonderfully easy to make, in just one bowl. And they’re even easier to eat.
Meanwhile, I’m just wondering how bad a day I have to have to justify having a few of these muffins, piping-hot, out-of-the-oven, with a generous bowl of my chocolate frosting… 🤔
- chocolatey, moist, and rich
- bursting with your favorite fall flavors: pumpkin, cinnamon, and chocolate!!!
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- seriously amazing for breakfast or an afternoon snack
- just the perfect gluten free pumpkin muffins you’ve been looking for
- made with the simple, whole, healthy ingredients you know and love
- the best chocolate pumpkin muffins you’ve ever had (like, ever)
- so tasty paired with these gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies or this best moist chocolate chip banana bread
- just the tastiest way to get the ball rolling on fall!
Are you ready to get your fall bake on? You grab the vegan chocolate, I’ll grab the pumpkin!! It’s truly so wonderful sharing in these sweet kitchen moments with you. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think! Thank you for stopping by… ‘til next time!
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌︎ Click below to Pin 📌︎
If you enjoyed these Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins, then you’ll just love these easy gluten free vegan breakfast recipes:
More Vegan Gluten Free Breakast Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Gluten Free Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Bars
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (okay, maybe this one is for dessert ;))
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour - if using homemade, make sure it's finely ground, not coarse
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves*
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a standard, 12 muffin pan. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl: pumpkin, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Whisk together until difficult to stir. Using a rubber spatula, fold until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Fold in Add-in chocolate chips. Batter will be very thick—do not add in additional liquids.
- Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin cups. I use this ice cream scoop for easy scooping and a beautiful round top. If not using the scoop, smooth batter into an even layer, with a domed top (rise) in the center. To make large, domed tops, spread batter between 9 muffin cups. Optional: sprinkle and press chocolate chips into the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 16-26 minutes (on the longer side for larger, fewer muffins). Mine took 22 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out and enjoy!
Also try my Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread and my Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Freezing instructions: these muffins freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or pop in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- *You may substitute all of these spices with 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.